Should you get an ipad for TG? (I just did :)

mcfingers

Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:40 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Not been paying too much attention to the Ipad & Iphone issue in the past except to see that the Ipad seems to be TG compatible and I think I saw that the Iphone works too...I was just wondering if anyone who has been paying attention can tell me if TG works well on the Iphone? I just signed up for a 3G 32 GB. Am I going to be TGing on my new Iphone?
I was wondering the same thing. My contract is up in Feb. and I will eligible for reduced price on an iPhone. Plus they should have the antenna issue figured, out without having to resort to duct tape, by then. :laugh:

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:48 pm

I'm avoiding the Iphone 4 because of the issues Steve. I'm getting a pretty good deal, 1GB of internet downloads a month free plus my calls (only about 200 mins a month for me) so I'll be paying about 120/mth which is what I'm paying now without any internet use.

AcousticAl

Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:55 am

** Update (Houston, we have a problem.)

It seems that my 'home' button has stopped functioning! That's basically the only 'mechanical' working button on the ipad. It's also the only way that you can exit a program that you're in and go back to the home screen to choose a different app. The only workaround I've figured out is a hard re-boot each time I want to change programs. Not cool.

So, I'm obviously taking it back and getting a new one-- but I've also looked online and I see that others are having this problem as well. I'm hoping that it's not a general design flaw, but we'll see.

As an early adopter, I guess I have to expect issues like this. Still a pain though.

Chasplaya

Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:37 pm

I semi seriously looked at the top of the range one yesterday, played with it in the shop walked away , came back played some more ...walked away, came back lol Then my wife dragged me out of the shop....

Maybe a good call in the end, I might wait till all the bugs are fixed (home button not working hmm pretty important thing to have working I guess) and then consider it. At present I really don't have a need, its a want not a need. Plus IRD audit will put the hex on it anyway.... as it has already with other wants i.e. Eagles Aussie concert :(

Music Junkie

Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:43 pm

Just broke down and got mine. 64GB 3G/Wi-Fi

Love it so far. No problems with Wi-Fi noticed yet. 3G works fine, but will probably only buy the 3G service once in a while, as I don't travel all that much. Sweet that they let you buy it month to month and only when you need it.

The apps are cool, as i have many on my IPhone already. Though the TAB reader one sounds interesting.... :)

My biggest question is will TG go back and put up IPad/IPhone compatable lessons of the older songs???? I put in a support ticket, so I should find out fairly quickly... :)

The cover I bought for it has a built-in little flap that allows me to set it up vertically or horizontally for viewing purposes. Makes for a nice little lesson book while practicing.... :)

Also, on a completely unrelated front, the free Nook App for the Barnes & Noble reader is awesome! The app was free, and I got several free books as well. Nice feature.

J

TGMatt

Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:59 pm

We have been retroactively updating songs daily for Iphone compatibility..and our new site launch will also deal with this ..Welcome to the Ipad addicts club

Music Junkie

Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:17 pm

TGMatt wrote:
We have been retroactively updating songs daily for Iphone compatibility..and our new site launch will also deal with this ..Welcome to the Ipad addicts club
I knew you were on the case Matt. I appreciate the update.

J

Catman

Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:01 am

TGMatt wrote:
Anything planned on the Android front?

AcousticAl

Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:43 pm

** NEWER UPDATE-

I returned my ipad to Bestbuy and they had never seen the home button stop functioning.

Turns out this is the one time that I bought the extended/enhanced warranty where I actually used it! They gave me a new one on the spot. :) If I didn't have the extra warranty, they'd have to send it away for weeks while Apple tried to figure out what's wrong with it.

AcousticAl

Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:44 pm

BTW- For those that are interested, I figured out a new way to practice with the ipad and my Yamaha SLG (Silent guitar). You can take the headphone-out of the ipad, and plug it into the aux-in of the SLG via a mini to mini connector. You can then monitor both the ipad and the guitar on your headphones that are plugged into your guitar. The guitar is your mixer!

Trés cool imho.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic