Hello and update

heyjoe

Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:32 am

Hi guys and girls of totally guitars

It's been a while since I stopped by and posted anything, so today I thought I'd come back, say hello, see how you have all been, and update you on whats been happening in my world.

Firstly, thanks to my friends on TG for the support, I couldnt have got where I am today with out you, no names, you know who you are.

Where to start, so much to tell, ok. I've barely picked up my guitar in the last 2 months, for a number of reasons- the great british summer time has been here, and I've been outside building a new garden ( oh yeah, and getting a nice tan!), turning a barren wasteland into something useful has taken 2 tonnes of soil, 1.5 tonnes of sand and 2 tonnes of gravel, which took a lot of moving- a lot of blood , swaet, cursing and long hours, just me and a bucket! Its done now, so I have a lot more free time now.

Work wise, I'm still applying for jobs, and I'm getting closer to getting one, had a few interviews recently, and found out I came 2nd out of 121 people who applied for 1 job- the person who beat me, they had experience of the exact job they applied for- in 2 different places- I'll get that job soon, I can feel it.

I've also had a wrist problem which has stopped me playing, everytime I play barre chords, the veins in my wrist and hand "pop" and then remain painful for 30 mins after, so I'm working on strenghtening techniques, and proper hand positioning as well, so no new songs learned recently.

All in all I'm feeling good, enjoying life (exercising more, losing weight etc etc), Laura and I are both as well as can be expected, life is good, we're staying positive.

So much for the summertime, its just started raining lol, might be a good time for a practise session ;) .

Hope everyone on here his happy, healthy, enjoying playing their guitars, and having a good time.

Joe

wiley

Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:46 am

thereshopeyet

Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:50 am

Thanks

BigBear

Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:12 am

Joe- I'm so glad things are okay for you. I'm struggling with unemployment myself and can attest to how depresing it can be. But, like you said, you have to stay active and forge ahead. Like the old Moody Blues song says, "time waits for no one..."

I really appreciate your post, I didn't realize you were still online so it's wonderful to see you pop up. Take care of that wrist and get it looked at if you can

Continued best wishes and prayers for your job pursuits. We'll both have a little celebration when we land a decent job!

Take care my friend! :cheer:

Rick

willem

Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:12 pm

Hello Joe,,glad to here everything goes good,sorry about the wrist,,damn chords,,it is good to do the exercises both for lose some weight and strengten your muscle(i bought me a gripmaster),now i must work on the weight(4'kilo's)but after the summer,,its to hot here(was),

For the lessons(target),well can't get to them all,they drop us dead,,the last one was a slide lesson,,very good to begin with..

I hope you win the interview,,as for the rain,well thats good for the garden and you for return to your guitar..

Everything alright here,, only the wallet has much pain..wish you luck and healt.be well.

d_dog

Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:31 pm

Joe, great to hear from you. Sorry about the job situation. I wish you all the best.
Great work on the garden, hope to see some photos posted soon. Glad you'll be able to play some guitar more now. Perhaps we'll see an upload soon...
Take care Joe,

TGMatt

Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:34 pm

You cannot imagine how happy I am to see you back Joe..

Hopefully TG and community can help the whole job thing from today on ..keep your eyes out for something I write today

RicksPick

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:26 pm

Hey Joe
Good to hear from you dude

RicksPick

tovo

Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:08 pm

Hey Joe where you going with that garden trowel in your hand?

Great to hear from you mate, I love people taking the time to post an update and let everyone know how they are going.

I've got my fingers crossed for you (and for Rick) on the job front. Don't be a stranger mate.

Chasplaya

Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:47 pm

Hey! Hey Joe great to see you back, gardening yuck but its gotta be done, I just spent a bit of time doing paving and sowing new lawns etc but its gratifying when the jobs done. Take care of that wrist buddy , don't rush into the guitar and make things worse. Hopefull the job situation improves, things are much the same in the job market here also.

Chas

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic