Hello and update

jim56

Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:50 pm

Welcome back Joe and thanks for giving us an update.

michelew

Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:02 pm

Hi Joe,

It's great to hear from you.

Gardening is good for the sole and the so is the heavy work (for a little while). You'll really love being outside in the air once you've got your space the way you want it.

It's great that you and Laura are doing OK, especially given the extra stress you're both under at the moment.

Good luck with the interviews. Sounds like you're getting well practiced at that too. When that job comes along that you really want you'll have the interview skills sharpened and can just impress them with your skills and experience.

There are lots more songs and lessons in the candy store now. You'll be even more spoilt for choice when you're ready to hit the lessons again.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it all falls into place for you soon.

Take care and be sweet to each other.

Michele

AndyT

Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:21 am

Good to see you Joe.

In case you missed it, I recently did a pretty detailed study of the hand. I had an injury also and this helped me to discover my best hand position. My hand is doing much better in this new position.

Hopefully it can help you also.
http://www.totallyguitars.com/forum/86- ... discussion

haoli25

Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:14 am

Good to have you back with us, Joe. Fingers crossed and a good thought that you find the perfect job soon.

Bill

Catman

Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:28 pm

Joe,

Good to hear from you again.

And now you've reminded me that I have to fix the irrigation system in my garden, something I have been putting off for ages...

-David

Lavallee

Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:59 pm

Joe, sorry for the late reply, really happy to have you back with us. I had the wrist popping problem as well many years ago due to squash. I can relate to the pain you are talking about in your wrist when making THE position that hurts. It will go away.

Marc

cosmicmechanic

Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:09 am

Hi Joe, hope you don't mind if I reminisce?

I've always had jobs when I really needed employment, because my obligations were such that I had to take whatever !xx@@{~~)! jobs were available.

Over the course of time I have had gut feelings that things were about to improve, and each time these were accompanied by songs that came into my mind recurrently and boosted my spirits.

The first that comes to mind (like 30 years ago) was Dylan's "I Shall be Released", that haunted me, almost levitated me, from doubt into certainty that the job opportunity I desired was of course around the corner.

Four years later, even that newer job wore very thin, and I was hoping for more. Duran Duran's "Hungry Like the Wolf" popped up unexpectedly from the current tunes at the time and had the same effect. I was like a guided missile with a clear destination.

Of course, I was willing to put in the effort, whether work or study, to accomplish my goals.

These are just two examples that I hope suggest that you trust your ambition and clear optimistic vision of what lies ahead and also listen for the music that will guide you and give you courage!

Be cool,
Pierre

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:12 am

Hey Joe! Good to hear from you and see you online at TG!
That job is just waiting for you, looking for you to show up so it's just a matter of time...

And about that wrist... I have some advice but couln't possible write that here! ;-)

Happy gardening!

sws626

Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:38 am

Hey Joe,

Great to have you back -- I'd replied earlier, but stupidly forgot to press submit. I know to well what the job search is like. My only advice is to do things that keep your spirits high and make the most of the time you have on your hands now. Neil has a prescription for that, but it's addictive.

-Stuart

Catman

Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:28 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
And about that wrist... I have some advice but couln't possible write that here! ;-)
Wrong wrist, Chris!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic