Don't have a video camera to record your lesson? Then use QIK

jim56

Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:43 am

Hey All,

Found this new application (new to me) and wanted to share it with ya. Maybe someone already kmows about this app and can offer more insight. A coworker of mine demoed it for me last week and we are thinking of the possibilities the app offers like replacing older technology that's not performing like we need it.

The app is called qik (www.qik.com) and is used primarily on you telephone. In a nutshell, the app allows you to video record an event, thing, or whatever you might want to record, upload it to your channel where it can be viewed by family, friends, TG community, etc. May be an alternative to Ustream.com :-)

Here is a snapshot of info from the qik web page:

What is Qik?

Qik lets you record and share your everyday experiences as it happens with your family, friends and your favorite social networks through live video using your mobile phone. These videos are automatically saved on your home page on Qik, http://qik.com/[username], for you to cherish and playback from the computer and your mobile phone. Live means that your family and friends can view the video as it is happening and interact with you through text chat in real time.

Happy recording.