An Amazing Tasting!!

Music Junkie

Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:53 pm

BigBear wrote:
You even named a couple I don't know!! Cascade and Klamath Basin must be southern Oregon and ship their products south. Deschutes is an excellent brewer as is Rogue, Widmer, Portland Brewing, Bridgeport, Full Sail and others!

I can't drink beer anymore either. I had two beers on Father's Day and I was full. I think my 26 year old finished off the half rack!

I'm gradually getting into single barrel bourbons but I love single malt scotches so much and I drink so little anymore that I doubt I will ever get into them too far.

Cheers! :cheer:
Rogue is awesome as well. If you ever feel like trying one of theirs, I really enjoy the Hazlenut Brown. Certainly a different beer, but very yummy..... B)

If I am going to BBQ, I hate to admit that I actually will drink something like Coors Light or something like that, as it is much less filling. But that is like having carbonated water..... :woohoo:

I hear ya about the little drinking. A bottle will usually last me quite a while..... B)

tovo

Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:59 pm

dennisg wrote:
Bear,

As a former wine retailer and wine columnist, I can vouch for the wonderfulness of those wines. But as someone who survived acute pancreatitis and can no longer touch alcohol, I'm very envious that you got to taste that stuff. It must have been a magnificent evening. The closest I can get to wine these days is to sniff the glass after the waiter pours it for my wife.
I can report Dennis that I am drinking enough wine for the two of us. Hey that's what friends are for. When I come over I will bring some wine for Jamie and I to enjoy, you are welcome to sniff my glass as well.

Bear good story mate. I don't drink beer (the shock....the horror!) so love a good red instead. It was a good read. I say drink it all...refill the bottles with red cordial (cool aid don't you call it?) and sell them so you can buy your 914. No guts no glory.

BigBear

Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:07 pm

tovo wrote:

Bear good story mate. I don't drink beer (the shock....the horror!) so love a good red instead. It was a good read. I say drink it all...refill the bottles with red cordial (cool aid don't you call it?) and sell them so you can buy your 914. No guts no glory.
Tony- that brings up another good wine story. Many years ago when I thought I had money I had a 1200 bottle cellar and this same group of scaliwags from last Saturday were at my beautiful home that I bought for my ex-wife!!

The boys were in the cellar drinking Jordan, a very nice American wine and a particularly good vintage. We took the bottle with us downstairs to the cellar and promptly pounded it down.

The wives, who were all in the kitchen (no comment), yelled out "we want some of that Jordan". Well, we had just killed it all and several of the wives didn't get any. Oooops!!

So one of my quasi-intelligent wine buddies grabs a cheap American wine out of my cellar, pops the cork and fills the Jorday bottle about half full and then takes it up to the girls. Us guys thought we had just put one over on our wives because in our intoxicated state we were sure they couldn't tell Jordan from cat urine (at that point neither could we!). We laughed our butts off!

About a month later I get a call from my quasi-intelligent friend's wife. And she is furious! Just reads me the riot act! How I didn't have any class and what kind of a host does that to his guests and how dare I think that women were that stupid (all good questions by the way!).

She caught me off guard and I stuttered and stammered and came up with some lame excuse that she didn't buy. But the bottom line was it was her old man's idea and he had done the dirty deed to them! He had thrown me under the bus with his wife so I figured fair's fair, right? I'm certain that was there no romance in his house for quite some time!

The moral of this story is, if you drink lots of wine and then think that you are smarter than your wife, not only are you drunk but you are terminally stupid!! :laugh:

neverfoundthetime

Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:00 am

Rick my friend, that sounds like one of life's worthwhile evenings! So glad you enjoyed that on behalf of all of us ;-). Should have known that you and Dennis were a couple of old winos! I don't drink much alcohol but, like Tony, I do love a drop of fine red now and again. And if ever I get together with any of you guys, then red wine and guitars will make for a wonderful evening's jamming.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic