If there are any stargazers out there.........

Music Junkie

Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:30 am

Just a note in case anyone is interested. Here in the States, from the 11th through the early dawn hours of the 13th, there will be the passing of the annual perseid-meteor-shower. The geek in me compels me to pass this on....... :P :P

http://www.space.com/spacewatch/perseid ... 00806.html

Jason

Hydroman52

Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:15 pm

Wow! Thanks for the reminder. I'll be looking up, if the mosquitoes don't carry me off. I think I just saw the dog go flying by the second story window. They are nasty-bad this year and sure can take the enjoyment out of time outside. But the meteor shower is worth the risk.

jayswett

Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Thanks MJ. As an aside, any chance of seeing a Pancho and Lefty video out of you in the near future?

BobR

Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:55 pm

Jason,

I am a stargazer also. And I'll be able to go out since they sprayed for mosquitoes due to the Eastern Equine Encephalitis threat here.

Thanks,
Bob

Music Junkie

Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:03 pm

jayswett wrote:
Thanks MJ. As an aside, any chance of seeing a Pancho and Lefty video out of you in the near future?
Jay:

Funny you should ask. I had been toying with shooting a video on that for a while and then put it aside to go back to my "ROOTS" at TG. I am now working on an old Blackfoot song called "Tonight". A fingerpicking piece that is not overly complicated, but is giving me fits none the less. I just about have it down, but the fluidity is not even close yet.

Maybe I should get back to Poncho & Lefty. I enjoy that song so much. I play the Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard version, as I like it quite a bit. I transcribed it just a bit before it came out at target. I also took the time to transcribe Highwayman by The Highwaymen. Both are great songs and very fun to play.

I have been practicing diligently, but this summer has been bustling for me. Kids go back to school in 3wks though, so I am hoping to get to a more normal routine again.

J

Music Junkie

Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:06 pm

Hydro and Bob:

Sorry to hear about the skeeters. They were pretty bad up in the Sierras this year as well. Luckily I don't have to fuss with them too much here on the coast though. I hope you can get out to see what is going on. I guess they had a sweet light show over Alabama last night. A 1 inch chunk flew over and burned up creating a nice fireball. Those are really cool if you ever get a chance to see them...... :) :)

Jason

jayswett

Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:18 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
jayswett wrote:
Jay:

Funny you should ask. I had been toying with shooting a video on that for a while and then put it aside to go back to my "ROOTS" at TG.
Maybe I should get back to Poncho & Lefty. I enjoy that song so much. I play the Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard version, as I like it quite a bit. I transcribed it just a bit before it came out at target. I also took the time to transcribe Highwayman by The Highwaymen. Both are great songs and very fun to play.

J
I love that Pancho and Lefty song. I hadn't heard of it before it came out as a Target Lesson. I've listened to several versions and I'm partial to Townes Van Zant's. Suzi likes the Emmy Lou Harris version. I brought it up as I had seen your commment that you had just finished transcribing it at the time Matt and Neil put it out for our consumption.

As for the meteor shower, I'll check it out tomorrow night, weather permitting.

haoli25

Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:53 pm

Jason, I am right there with you. I have my telescope all polished up and I have found a very dark hilltop in the middle of nowhere to watch the "witches die". lol

Bill

TGMatt

Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:08 pm

Thought you may find this interesting in prep

lueders

Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:32 am

The geek in me, is now compelled to check it out. Thanks...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic