If there are any stargazers out there.........

haoli25

Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:36 am

lueders wrote:
The geek in me, is now compelled to check it out. Thanks...

Welcome to the club, Cori. We meet on Thursdays. :laugh:

Music Junkie

Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:05 am

TGMatt wrote:
Thought you may find this interesting in prep
Matt:

Thanks for those clips. Interesting. I look forward to the showers every year. Last year I had a good time. Unfortunately for me, last night the marine layer rolled in and obscured my view pretty badly. I am hoping for a better night tonight.

B)

Jason

Music Junkie

Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:09 am

haoli25 wrote:
Jason, I am right there with you. I have my telescope all polished up and I have found a very dark hilltop in the middle of nowhere to watch the "witches die". lol

Bill
Bill:

Where are you located, and is it easy for you to get out with your scope? Here in southern California, there are a few spots, but I have to drive a bit and it makes it kind of a hassle. Ventura is not too bad as far as light pollution goes, but it is not ideal to be sure. Usually right after we have a storm, it is a great night. This time of year brings the June Gloom (which lasts until late August). September through the end of the year are usually pretty good though.

Time to pull the cover off the hot tub and lay back and enjoy the night skies.... :)

J

Hydroman52

Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:02 am

Last night was cloudy in my area . . . . . no, wait . . . . . maybe it was just a layer of mosquitoes. Whatever it was, no good view of the heavens. Then I got old and fell asleep. That's what happens when I have a computer work day. Bummer.

Today is a kayak work day. Lots of exercise and I get to paddle my [strike]@ss[/strike] butt off (can I say @ss on the Internet?). So tonight I should be full of energy to stay up late. Trying to think of a way to fool the insects. Seriously looking at getting one of these to wear so I "blend in" when outside . . . . .

What to wear to a mosquito party . . .

Music Junkie

Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:33 am

Hydroman52 wrote:
Last night was cloudy in my area . . . . . no, wait . . . . . maybe it was just a layer of mosquitoes. Whatever it was, no good view of the heavens. Then I got old and fell asleep. That's what happens when I have a computer work day. Bummer.

Today is a kayak work day. Lots of exercise and I get to paddle my [strike]@ss[/strike] butt off (can I say @ss on the Internet?). So tonight I should be full of energy to stay up late. Trying to think of a way to fool the insects. Seriously looking at getting one of these to wear so I "blend in" when outside . . . . .

What to wear to a mosquito party . . .
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is a funny outfit.

You guys probably get the B-52 sized mosquitoes back there too, don't you? Ours are small out here in the west, but if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time, they can be completely overwhelming. We got into a hatching in the Sierras once and they were so thick you could not breath without accidentally inhaling a few.... :woohoo: :woohoo:

If I were Noah, I would have squashed the crap out of those two little bastards...... B) B)

J

TGMatt

Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:14 pm

Here is a Wiki from Wired that you can add and change with all the details..

Below is a picture for the scope..

http://howto.wired.com/wiki/Watch_the_P ... eor_Shower Image

haoli25

Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:57 pm

Great stuff. Thanks Matt.

RicksPick

Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:08 pm

Cloudy here :angry: :angry: :angry:
O well Night all
:kiss:

RicksPick

suziko

Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:04 pm

We had a nice, clear night here in Wisconsin, and I decided to let Emma stay up a bit late to show her the Perseids. Too bad the mosquitoes made it impossible for any of us to enjoy it. We gave up after about 5 minutes and at least a dozen bites each. I think I heard them laughing at our feeble attempts to spritz ourselves with "Off." These Sconnie skeeters are hard core!

wammer

Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:54 pm

Things should get going around 9:30 p.m., but the best time to see the shower will be after midnight towards the early morning hours.................

Ugh..........Not to sure if I can make till then lol.......Is this a once in a life time thing LMAO

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic