Eagles Australia Tour: Which is best Venue to go to?

Chasplaya

Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:20 am

Hi guys,

I am in the process of trying to get tickets for The Eagles when they tour in December. Out of the following venues which in your opinion is best?

a. Sydney: SEC Entertainment centre
b. Sydney: Acer Arena
c. Brisbane: BEC Entertainment centre
d. Perth: NIB Stadium
e. Melbourne: Rod Laver Arena

I'm looking at Platinum tickets so obviously be right up front. Also if you can advise good accommodation close to venue that would be awesome.

appreciate your thoughts.

regards

Chas

tovo

Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:40 am

I would say Rod Laver Arena (Venue for the Australian Open Tennis). It will be a very intimate experience. Haven't been to Acer, SEC or Perth. Shel might have an opinion but careful, these Sydneysiders are very parochial! Brisbane is a good venue I have been there (INXS years ago).

If you go to Brisbane I can probably offer you accommodation. Free is a good price.

Melbourne there are just so many options. If you decide on that I can help you if you need it.

wammer

Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:53 pm

I'm looking at Platinum tickets so obviously be right up front. Also if you can advise good accommodation close to venue that would be awesome.

regards

Chas
Pretty sure If you were to promise to invite me and I was able to say yes then my thoughts would be..............YAHOO, WHOPPIE, WOW, GOSH, GEEWIZ, AAAHHHHH, ARE YOU KIDDING,RIGHT ON, FAR OUT, SWEET, and THANKYOU LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are sooooooooooooooo on my Bucket list

Tammy

Chasplaya

Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:33 pm

wammer wrote:

regards

Chas
Pretty sure If you were to promise to invite me and I was able to say yes then my thoughts would be..............YAHOO, WHOPPIE, WOW, GOSH, GEEWIZ, AAAHHHHH, ARE YOU KIDDING,RIGHT ON, FAR OUT, SWEET, and THANKYOU LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are sooooooooooooooo on my Bucket list

Tammy
HI Tammy, If I win the Lottery tonight you are on the invite list lol

TGMatt

Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:34 pm

Sydney is ok...Perth is ok to good...Laver is good to great...BrisVegas is the bomb...

Take Tony up on it, and visit the River city...restaurants, weather = awesome...

drive down to my old stomping grounds on the GOld COast for a day trip then up to my second home in Noosa..you will not regret it...

drop into the Steve Irwin park, and maybe scoot for a day on Frazer Island (largest sand island in the world)

and you still will not scratch the surface...it literally is a paradise that locals forget how lucky they have it...International city on footsteps of Great barrier reef, pristine beaches, amazing weather, rainforest you name it...

TGMatt

Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:41 pm

tovo

Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:43 pm

TGMatt wrote:
Sydney is ok...Perth is ok to good...Laver is good to great...BrisVegas is the bomb...
Brisbane is pretty special. I went once for a job and left with a Wife.

Chasplaya

Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:45 pm

tovo wrote:
TGMatt wrote:
Brisbane is pretty special. I went once for a job and left with a Wife.
I wonder if the opposite works, take a wife and get a job....

michelew

Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:39 pm

The Sydney Entertainment Centre is huge (not intimate), although if you're up the front you probably won't care. There are a heap of hotels around Darling Harbour, which is walking distance from the venue. The venue is sort of on the edge of the CBD and thus close to other things that you'd probably like to see like the Opera House and the harbour itself

I've never been to the Acer arena. It's one of the venues they built for the Olympics. It's also called the Sydney Superdome so again it is big not intimate, but you might like the big buzz. Olympic Park is close to Sydney's second CBD (Parramatta). Depending on traffic it's about 30 minutes from the city. You shouldn't have any trouble finding accommodation out there, but it's a lot more burby.

I've never been to the other venues, so I can't advise you there. But, the entertainment district in Brisbane should be fun. It was showing promises when I last saw (during construction), it which was many years ago now.

You should have fun whichever one you choose.

Michele

Chasplaya

Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:44 pm

Thanks Michele, always good to get local info

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic