The best country in the world is...

dennisg

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:22 pm

Buddy,

By your logic, no human effort can ever be truly objective because, by our very nature, we humans insert our own particular biases in everything we do.

With that in mind, you would agree that it's fair to say that the opinions you've expressed in this thread are far from objective.

TGMatt

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:27 pm

tovo wrote:
TGMatt wrote:

Nah...all the smart ones moved overseas..oh Tony ..forgot you were still there ;)
Yep. We export all our dodgey characters to the USA so they can walk the streets of New York saying things like "crikey!" and "That's not a knife..THIS is a knife!". :)

Anyway, I think the standard of living in Australia would justify it's high ranking. Same for Sweden where I lived for 3 years. Finland and Switzerland do not surprise me based on the criteria.

But I struggle to understand why the standard of living in the USA would be below that of the countries above it. Space is something that springs to mind, with more people in some US cities than in the whole of Australia, but that's about it.
Tony ..Add Crime, A very poor health care system, health rates for all categories are ridiculously high for such a wealthy nation, education is dropping through the floor,pollution is dead serious in several states..and the list goes on..

BigBear

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:00 pm

AndyT wrote:
I'm surprised that the US is rated as high as it is. Personally, I might have put it around 20. This country used to be great. Then we elected people that should never have even been allowed to run. Hmmm... I feel a rant coming on. That's it for me.

Andy- that is precisely why the best thing I can say about this thread is "No Comment". :cheer:

buddy

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:37 pm

Yes Dennis your are correct, and as such, if we accept your premise, so are yours. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic