Have you turned anyone on to TG lately?

neverfoundthetime

Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:57 pm

Just wondering. Of course I've told and mailed all my music friends about TG and urged them to sign up. Half my squash friends know about it too and spend time looking over my shoulder when I'm at a club with laptop tuned in. Most are really fascinated by it and what we're doing here. But none of my friends seem to have signed up. A fellow squash coach (David Heath) did say yesterday that he mentioned TG to a friend of his who played guitar and he's been on the site... but I don't think that person knows me. So I was wondering did anyone else get anyone to sign up at TG (that they know about)?

And if the person I'm referring to (David's friend) is reading... let me know.

ffsooo3

Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:29 pm

I've told a couple of people. One I know has registered. But none that I know of have become TARGET members. But then again, I'm not a TARGET member.......

AndyT

Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:44 pm

I have 2 friends on the Free membership, but they rarely ever come to the site.

Lavallee

Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:30 pm

Whenever I meet people playing guitar , I mention TG, but cannot verify if they ever joined.

Marc

Chasplaya

Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:31 pm

I introduced my workmates involved in the social guitar club,but none of them are really into the Internet. One or two have checked it out and seemed interested but as far as I know have yet to join.

TGMatt

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:27 pm

Well we sure do appreciate anything anyone does to help promote the ecosystem which is exactly what it is..an ecosystem

we are either growing or dying, there is no middle ground...

Everything you all do to help will be returned in our continued commitment to provide a platform and the content to keep you satiated..

Every recommendation, every time you comment on facebook or You Tube, every time you create a post on the forum, or respond to someone elses...they are all actions that have an impact on sustaining the idea of paying it forward

So thank you from all the staff here at TG and from Neil and myself for all you do to get the message out..

I appreciate every day the gift of being involved with music, the Guitar and the folks on here at TG....and what an eclectic bunch we are..but it is a magnificent eclectic bunch..

Thx again

haoli25

Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:07 am

What timing for this topic! About 20 minutes ago I was contacted by a guy looking for TABS and fingerpicking lessons. I told him a little about this site and gave him directions to get here. Wouldn't you just know it, he's another Aussie!! :laugh: Say hello to 'getsquared' (Russell) when he stops by.

Bill

AndyT

Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:30 am

Cool! Nice job Bill. Lets us know how much the commission check is! LOL

willem

Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:53 am

HI,in the beginning i told Anton and well you know!Ofcouse i tell everybody and have show a view( the target) A friend of my is a free member,,he play's very good and he thinks he can figure out by him self(he can) and he comes far i must say,,but when we come together and i show something told by Niel he reconice it is treu and he did a litlle diffrent(wrong)(almost close),why not a target member,he said ''have no time'',well a pity..

Music Junkie

Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:22 pm

I sold my Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 1X12 Combo Tube Amp the other night to a guy on Craigslist (for those not familiar with Craigslist, it is kind of an electronic classified ad system - very handy). We struck up a good conversation and shared all kinds of things guitar related. The topic of TG came up and he was very interested. He was going to sign up for a free account and check it out with the possibility of a Target membership if he liked what he saw.......We'll see..... B)

J

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic