Life eh? Isn't it good..

heyjoe

Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:24 pm

Hey folks of TG

Just thought I'd come by and touch base with my guitar wielding friends, and left you know whats happening with me in the good old UK.

I'm not playing guitar at the moment, I'm still having wrist issues when I play, same issues as before, however, I've had a breakthrough moment-purely through talking to Andy( thanks for the help Andy) turns out we have the same wrist problem-I've been reading his research and it makes sense, so I'm on my way to getting it fixed and playing again, cos I sure miss it.

Since I last wrote on here I've been to 1 funeral, 1 wedding (within 24 hours of each other- a very emotional time), been on holiday for a week- cottage in Richmond, North Yorkshire- which was interrupted by 2 interviews- 1 I was rejected for, other one, they've asked for references, health clearances and criminal records to be checked, so looks promising, keep your fingers crossed folks.

I've also discoverd a new passion- photography, its something I know very little about, but am enjoying learning a lot, check out the 2 guitar photos I have on my profile, the fun is in learning, and seeing improvement, lots of fun.

Health wise, I'm doing well, exercising more than I used to ,feeling fitter, and keeping it all positive.

The back garden (6 months of work), is pretty much done, and as soon as it stops raining here I'll take some phots and post them.

So, all in all, life is really good, just need to get wrist sorted then I can get back to guitar and posting videos and collaborating with you good people.

Hope everyone is happy and healthy

Joe

tovo

Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:37 pm

Hey Joe. Thanks for the update, nice to hear from you. Been to a few funerals myself, no fun there. Good luck with the job and stay well mate.

willem

Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:40 pm

Hey Joe glad to know your well,,keep the good things goin,,takin foto's you can throw in a lot of creativity,,hope your wrist getting suplle again,keep it moving and also rest..goodluck on the interview..

AndyT

Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:19 pm

Joe,

Glad I was able to help. I know that a good muscle rub like Tiger Balm or Bio-Freeze really helped my hand. Apply it before practice and ice after. Make sure your hand position falls within the limits of your own physical structure.

I'm looking forward to some great pix of you and your guitars :cheer:

EDIT:

Last night at Church, I had a number of people tell me I look good. It caught me off guard at first but I have been losing weight and riding my bike back and forth to work has helped no end. It's also given me a bit of a tan. I can totally recommend mild exercise and weight loss to improve your health, and attitude.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:22 pm

Good to hear things are good Joe. Not at all surprised that you and Andy have the same wrist problems... I've said it all along! ;-) Na, just pulling your legs guys! Fingers crossed for you Joe.

Tiger Balm, Andy, I haven't seen that stuff in about 42 years! As a kid I'd see the hawkers pitching this on the street markets of Kuala Lumpur. Some guy would try to karate chop a coconut, break his hand and then have the soothing Tiger Balm applied and he was right as rain in 10 seconds flat! You just had to buy it in case you needed to attack some coconuts in their husk! And it is good stuff, I can smell it from here.

michelew

Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:50 pm

Joe,

It's great to hear that things are improving for you. Good luck with that job.

Re: your wrist, I've been having problems in both forearms, mostly the right from overdoing finger-picking and being too tense (surprise). Apparently, as we improve our muscles should be able to do more without being strained (as they get stronger). A cold pack helps, as does rubbing and stretching. But, I've found that I've had the best improvement when I've seen a physiotherapist or osteo (or just a massage therapist would be good too). You need someone who can release the tension that has built up, rub out the knots, show you some simple stretches that you can do during the day and realign things including your torso which might be affecting things too. I also change the way I'm playing to whatever exacerbates it less and reduce my playing.I have no idea if this is similar to your wrist problem, but if you've been having it for a long time and it's stopping you from playing it's probably time to see a professional.

Good luck. I'm off to look at your photos.

Michele

tovo

Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:04 pm

AndyT wrote:

Last night at Church, I had a number of people tell me I look good. It caught me off guard at first but I have been losing weight and riding my bike back and forth to work has helped no end. It's also given me a bit of a tan. I can totally recommend mild exercise and weight loss to improve your health, and attitude.
I've always considered you to be very hot Andy. What is this "exercise" activity you speak of?

Could you ride a few miles for me? I think the shadow of my butt must weigh 30 pounds!

Lavallee

Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:47 pm

Hi Joe, glad hear that things are looking brighter.

Marc

buddy

Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:56 pm

Joe, Sorry to hear about your injury. I will say ditto to what Michele posted. My wife does posture exercises to help her with a past injury and they make a world of difference in her comfort levels and ability to stay active.

Good luck with the wrist,

Bud

AndyT

Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:09 pm

Sorry Tony,

I AM hot, but I'm also married. And my wife said if I ride for anyone else, it will be for her. :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic