If you could have written any song in history...

jayswett

Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:14 am

That Margaritaville idea is a good one if it comes with the know how to transform it into that brand as you mentioned. What a life Mr. Buffett must lead.

As for me, I'd have chosen Freight Train. It's a must learn for every beginning fingerpicker.

suziko

Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:28 am

Wiley-

I do like Wilco (and Son Volt, and Uncle Tupelo). I keep meaning to try my hand at Sky Blue Sky, but just keep backburnering it. It has such a sweet intro.

As for The Decemberists, I know they're not everyone's cup of tea (I think Colin Meloy's voice being a big factor there!) but I love them. They were kind of a "love at first listen" group for me.

lueders

Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:24 am

suziko wrote:
Wiley-

I do like Wilco (and Son Volt, and Uncle Tupelo). I keep meaning to try my hand at Sky Blue Sky, but just keep backburnering it. It has such a sweet intro.

As for The Decemberists, I know they're not everyone's cup of tea (I think Colin Meloy's voice being a big factor there!) but I love them. They were kind of a "love at first listen" group for me.

Suziko, you like Good stuff. Good taste in music...Are you familiar with Vetiver or Grizzly Bear? (Not BigBear)

abiliog

Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:11 am

Definitely I should travel back to 2000 to give the wonderful lyrics of Each Small Candle to Roger Waters.
One night we talked about human kind and a song did come to my mind. So I wrote it and gave it to Roger. ;)

But I remember once, back to 1971, when I was thinking about an instrumental song.
One day Steve Howe some friends and me, we were walking around on a beautifull Roger Dean landscape when Steve said to me:
I need Mood For A Day.
You know what happened next. B)

Way back home, tired and lonely, I stopped for a while on a riverside. I looked On The Horizon and... oh man, what a beautiful song this is. :cheer:

Sorry Dennis, but I found three coins in my pocket and couldn't resist to spend all of them in your time machine.

Abilio

powderfinger

Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:02 pm

"Imagine" would also be my choice but mostly for the words. The tune I would have loved to have written is "Going to California" by Led Zepp or "Never Gong Back Again" by Lindsey Buckingham. Those two songs make me seriously happy within two or three notes. They take me somewhere profoundly good. If I was stuck in an third world jail cell this is what I'd want to hear.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic