Earthquake in New Zealand

Lavallee

Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:29 pm

Thanks Bill, Mother nature sure had a heck of a hiccup

Marc

Chasplaya

Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:03 am

3 Days after the event and we still getting quakes in region of 5.4 on scale seismologists advise another big one could hit yet as the fault that went this time was not previously known and the effect of this could trigger the major known fault line. My Daughter and her Mother and Grandmother have evacuated and gone to live with my son in Auckland North island, fed up of constantly being scared and sleeping under dining table. ONe of my work peers wa at a meeting today with me, he was in Christchurch when it went off the look in his face said it all, real fear! He advised he'd never been so scared in his life and all the things you are taught to do are impossible you can't easy move to a safe place when the quake knocks you on your back and get get up due to the shaking and buckling he lay on the floor watching his bedroom door which was closed moving a half metre in either direction.

How no lives were lost is a miracle, seismologists now say this was as powerful as Haiti quake...

tovo

Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:15 am

Well hopefully NZ is spared another big quake anytime soon. It is however a real positive that nobody has been killed by this act of nature. Glad your family is safe Chas.

Chasplaya

Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:28 am

I see Australia not without problems with major flooding in Victoria

tovo

Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:34 am

Chasplaya wrote:
I see Australia not without problems with major flooding in Victoria
Well that's true. People who lost their houses and their friends to fire are now ravaged by flood. Life can deal some tough cards.

Yamaha48

Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:20 am

This is fore me the first time,to read this toppic.
Hope that comes evry thing oke there.
Greetz Anton

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic