Android X phone

tom18

Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:33 am

I had a chance to check one of these out the other day and it looks pretty good. There are several useful iPhone apps for guitarists. Does anyone here know what Android apps are available for guitarists and whether they are of reasonable quality/utility?
Many thanks,
Tom

AndyT

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:11 pm

I use Robotic Guitarist on mine. (Android phone) It's got a strum-able chord set, tuner (very accurate), and a metronome. You can also change it to suit left handed players. It's free and works quite nicely.

tom18

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:43 pm

Thanks Andy,
You may have just helped Verizon to sell me a phone. Now if I could just get decent reception at my house.
Tom

AndyT

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:59 pm

I have Verizon. I had no end of problems with Cingular and then when AT&T bought them it was the same thing. Dropped calls by the dozens. I changed to Verizon and have not had a problem since.

Catman

Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:14 am

I just got an Android phone, so any recommendations for guitar apps would be welcome. Other tips too.

-David

neverfoundthetime

Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:29 am

Not sure if all the apps that are in the Iapp store work on Androids or not but GuitarToolkit is a must have for me David.

RicksPick

Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:49 am

Hey guys

Can you access Target video on this type of phone?
will be in the market for new phone soon

RicksPick

tom18

Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:20 am

RicksPick
Not sure if you can do that but the display is definitely a lot smaller than the iPad so I'm not sure how useful it would be. I'm mostly interested in apps such as tuner, metronome, chord diagrams etc. I've seen similar apps on the iPhone and they looked useful and convenient.
Tom

Catman

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:53 am

The new 2.2 (Froyo) version of Android is supposed to support Flash, and so I think it may support TG natively--just open a browser and watch. I'll try this when I upgrade the OS. It should be available for my model phone within a month.

Catman

Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:53 am

Catman wrote:
The new 2.2 (Froyo) version of Android is supposed to support Flash, and so I think it may support TG natively--just open a browser and watch. I'll try this when I upgrade the OS. It should be available for my model phone within a month.
OK, I just watched Hector's fantastic Greensleeves lesson on my Android phone!

The experience was not flawless:

[ul][li]I found that I couldn't control the player's volume, or any other function except play/pause[/li]
[li]The video playback was jumpy at times. It was fine during the first variation, bad during the second variation (pauses of several seconds at a time), and mostly OK during the third. Audio was fine. This may have nothing to do with Android--it could be an artifact of the video encoding. I set the vidoe to low res, and I have a fast internet connection. [/li]
[/ul]
Configuration: Android 2.2 (Froyo), Adobe Flash 10.1, Samsung Galaxy S

-David

And, yes, I am wrting this post on the Galaxy S.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic