Have you bin on woodstock

willem

Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:35 am

Hi,i think there are here a lot of people with the age that they possibly bin on woodstock,,how were those day's,,a lot of love and music i think and what's left from those teenage years thinkin??

BigBear

Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:57 am

Willem- Woodstock in over 5,000km from where I live. I've never even met anyone who was there. But those of us that age have all enjoyed the music for many years!

Cheers! :cheer:

tom18

Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:25 pm

My college roommate went. Woodstock was held the summer before I started college. I was working that summer to earn my tuition so going wasn't an option for me although I only lived about 120 km away. I suspect you see more by watching the movie than if you were there but you do miss the ambiance and the pharmaceuticals...
Tom

BigBear

Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:54 pm

tom18 wrote:
and the pharmaceuticals...

ROFLMAO!! Better living through pharmocology!!! Those were the days!!! :laugh:

willem

Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:11 pm

BigBear wrote:
tom18 wrote:
and the pharmaceuticals...

ROFLMAO!! Better living through pharmocology!!! Those were the days!!! :laugh:

In that day's we did a drive to a other town(it was dark),,there was a kind of hill up the road,,he stopped,,i ask why he stopped,,he said ''the bridge was open'',these day's it's only a wine or a beer and no driving,,and i can tell you that that smoking never touched me,,but some kind of pils,,well they speed up,,

Max

Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:28 pm

I was there!!!

My girlfriend and I went up a day early, I had bought tickets, although we never needed them. I must have them in a safe place but I can't remember where that is.

Woodstock the movie was a very good representation of the "vibe" that was going on. Everyone was helping to take care of anyone that needed help. That included help acquiring drugs, food, shelter, anything. I can't express enough what a euphoric, caring, brotherly, feeling everyone had. That's probably the one thing I'll remember most. It's kind of like in team sports, winning the "World Series" there's a camaraderie within that organization that's very special. Now imagine that camaraderie with 500,000 people.

The music was KILLER... My favorite if I had to choose was Santana, with that young kid on drums. Oh and Richie Havens had a great set as well. I missed seeing but I could hear the Jimmy Hendrix set cause I was trying to get my car out of the mud with the help of a farmer's tractor.

frybaby

Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:54 pm

I was on my way hichhiking from Houston Texas with a college friend, we got pick up by some chick outside Memphis and never made it.

I have heard it said I you can remember Woodstoock you were'nt there.

Well there it is.

frybaby

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic