This Guitarist, Roni Benise is coming to my city for concert.....should I go?

haoli25

Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:35 pm

I agree, Lisa. Women can be so shallow sometime! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I don't think my girlfriend has even noticed yet that he actually plays guitar. :)

Bill

Hydroman52

Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:58 pm

lmc831 wrote:
HI Bill,
I can see why any female would want to see him in concert...he is easy on the eyes! However, I am still on the fence about going. Check out this next video..is real cheesy!! Kind of turned me off..lol! Lisa

Hi Lisa,

This is theater, and, yes, he is playing to the women here. But that is the mood of this type of music. Very romantic. Very passionate. He is playing the role, and that is good theater.

My thought is, if the tickets aren't going to break the bank and cause you to lose your house, you shouldn't let that stop you from seeing music that you enjoy. And it seems like you enjoy this type of music. We've seen more grandiose displays (think Pink Floyd flying pigs, Elton John's aerial piano, Madonna and Lady Ga Ga and whatever it is that they do), and what this guy is doing is quite tame. Don't let life pass you by, and if you are bothered that he may drag you up to the stage to your embarrassment, don't sit on an aisle seat. Just another thought . . . if you do get on the aisle, just PM Bill and see if his girlfriend will switch with you.

Well, that's my thoughts, but I'm just a guy and what do I know?

Hydroman52

willem

Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:09 pm

Hydroman52 wrote:
lmc831 wrote:
HI Bill,
I can see why any female would want to see him in concert...he is easy on the eyes! However, I am still on the fence about going. Check out this next video..is real cheesy!! Kind of turned me off..lol! Lisa

Hi Lisa,

This is theater, and, yes, he is playing to the women here. But that is the mood of this type of music. Very romantic. Very passionate. He is playing the role, and that is good theater.

My thought is, if the tickets aren't going to break the bank and cause you to lose your house, you shouldn't let that stop you from seeing music that you enjoy. And it seems like you enjoy this type of music. We've seen more grandiose displays (think Pink Floyd flying pigs, Elton John's aerial piano, Madonna and Lady Ga Ga and whatever it is that they do), and what this guy is doing is quite tame. Don't let life pass you by, and if you are bothered that he may drag you up to the stage to your embarrassment, don't sit on an aisle seat. Just another thought . . . if you do get on the aisle, just PM Bill and see if his girlfriend will switch with you.

Well, that's my thoughts, but I'm just a guy and what do I know?

Hydroman52

Super,,you placed the words for me,,Lisa,go,go,go,,i know it is your music...

lmc831

Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:49 pm

Hydroman52,
You crack me UP! :P I like your perspective! Yes, its true, I do like this style of music from a Spanish guitar. And, its been awhile since I've treated myself to anything like this...so I guess I just better get over myself and go. I'll just put my sister on that aisle seat, just in case!

Lisa

wadestar

Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:53 pm

If you like the music you should go, not my style Top on my list is blues & rock. He looks like a Romance book cover to me lol.

willem

Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:11 pm

Does he play only melody notes,,well it is a great art..

Hydroman52

Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:50 pm

lmc831 wrote:
Hydroman52,
You crack me UP! :P I like your perspective! Yes, its true, I do like this style of music from a Spanish guitar. And, its been awhile since I've treated myself to anything like this...so I guess I just better get over myself and go. I'll just put my sister on that aisle seat, just in case!

Lisa
Good for you, Lisa. With all the second thoughts and indecision here, I was thinking that I was going to have to hop a plane to Texas and kidnap you. If that were the case, you'd wake from the chloroform in Section F Row 8 Seat 1 at the River Bend Centre, Benise's favorite seat, with dreamboat Roni on a knee playing that sparkly guitar for you . . . . . you don't know just how close you were to that fate!

Seriously, if you don't chicken out at the last minute, enjoy yourself and let us know how it goes.

Hydroman52

Chasplaya

Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:54 pm

Chasplaya wrote:

You know you wouldn't have to ask me twice , I'd be there in a minute, just checked his tour and :( he's not included NZ. Buy me a ticket Lisa and an Airline ticket B)
The offer still stands buy me a ticket and fly me over and I'd protect you from that sleazy guitar player lol. Personally I like his flamenco dancers, only just noticed him playing the guitar :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic