>> Please leave any thoughts / prayers or messages of hope to MattB here .

TGMatt

Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:39 pm

Leave your messages here in this thread to support Matt with your words as he battles cancer..I will ensure he reads them each day..

Thx all

BigBear

Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:03 pm

Matt B.- Fighting something like cancer puts life into perspective. It will show all of us what's important and what isn't. It isn't fair and it isn't right but it "is". You've been dealt a lousy hand and now you have to play it.

But as you go down the path toward recovery realize that you have made a huge impact on so many of us. Your musical skills have touched me personally and I'm sure I speak for all of us. You have made a difference!!

There will be many challenging days ahead but there will never be a day when you won't be in my hopes and prayers. I know you can beat this thing so stay positive and use your music for therapy.

But most important, know that there are so many of us who condider you a friend and are pulling for you to recover soon!!

With all my heart, get well soon Matt! :cheer:

Hydroman52

Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:10 pm

Hey MattB,

Sending some good vibes your way. I have not had cancer, but have been a primary caregiver a couple of times, so know that end of it. You will never be alone.

Hydroman52

willem

Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:26 pm

Hello MAtt,,i have to fight a language here but that aint so bad as to fight a cancer and my friends here give me the words and these friends are today and tomorrow and after whith you,,,you put your stamp here and i even concider to buy a electric guitar,,i hope you recover soon,,so we can enjoy your lesson's,, and like bigBear,,''with all my heart,be wel soon''..

TGMike

Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:28 pm

Hi MattB,

Well we have only talked over the speakerphone once or twice but from talking with MattW daily I know the inside story on the track you are on.

I know you have a very tough road to travel but I have to say when I see you singing in your videos there is a true light that comes out of you. Kind of your spirit I suppose which seems bright and positive. I firmly believe having a positive energy and outlook inside you can be the basic foundation to fighting anything.

Please know you have effected myself and others in a very positive way. I am looking forward to hearing you sing some more rock tunes the way you do and putting more smiles on all our faces. I heard your lessons are pretty good too ;)

I look forward to meeting you at one of the future get togethers at Neil's house and giving you a big hug. My thoughts are with you.

Sincerely,
Mike G.

Lavallee

Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:32 pm

Hi MattB, From what I could see from your videos, your introduction and all the good comments from Matt and Neil, is that you have the energy and enthousiasm to face what you are going through. I am impress by your attitude you have toward life. Even though you cannot see you are doing way better than most people with sight playing the guitar. You did not self pitty, you did something about it. That takes a lot of determination and a high level of self confidence that I really admire from you. I am sure that these strenghts you have will help you a tremendously to go through your battle. You are in my thoughts and I can see you in my mind coming out of there victoriously.

Marc

michelew

Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:46 pm

Matt,

You seem to be a really sweet guy. I can only imagine what you're going through, but I'm sure it's not much fun and there are times when everything feels hard and heavy.

You've obviously got people that love you, which is great. There will be a lot of us thinking about you and sending good vibes your way.

I wish you all the best in you treatment and recovery. I hope youi can find some laughter and fun in the times ahead. Keep rocking' and singin', it's good for the soul too.

All the best.

Michele

ceaser67

Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:50 pm

One night a man had a dream.He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD.Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.For each scene,he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,one belonging to him,and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him,he looked back at the footptints in the sand.He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints.He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he questioned the LORD about it,LORD you said that once i decided to follow you,youd walk with me all the way.But i have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life,there is only one set of footprints.I dont understand Why when i needed you most you would leave me.

The LORD replied "My precious,precious child,i love you and will never leave you.During your times of frail and suffering,when you see only one set of footprints,it was then that i carried you.
(sent with a tear in my eye this prayer is extremly close to my heart)

Thinking of you Mattb.
Tommy (Scotland)

takhak

Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:02 pm

Matt B.,
It is great to hear that your're getting some positive results from treatment. Matt is right, you come across on camera as someone who doesn't have any walls to break through or layers to peel away to get to know you.
As you are focusing all your energy on getting better let us help you anyway we can.
Whatever Neil and Matt set up know that we want to help and by "Acting Locally" we will try to cure cancer one person at at time.
I love the way you teach and want many more Matt B. lessons.
All the best. :)

jim56

Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:04 pm

Hey MattyB, The TG family stands at the ready, we are thinking of you and praying for you daily. My mate at work started his treatments yesterday. And another beat his disease and is back at work.

Remember: If children have the ability to ignore all odds and percentages, then maybe we can all learn from them. When you think about it, what other choice is there but to hope? We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up, or fight like hell. ~Lance Armstrong

Jim

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic