"Island in the Sun" - Dedication to MattB

suziko

Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:58 am

That was such a fun song, Al! I don't think I'd heard it before, but listening to you play it makes me want to check out the lesson. It also looks like a crash course in barre chords, so it would be worthwhile for me to learn, just from that aspect.

I have to agree with Jay's comment- your playing and performances have improved so much lately. Your singing is GREAT in this song. I noticed it especially near the end where there's that line that begins kind of high and goes down (I think; I should consult it again!), and you were on key the entire time.

Excellent job!

Suzi

Lavallee

Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:19 am

Al, sorry to be late. It is a very tribute to work on the lesson right away for that specific purpose. You should definitely look for open mic evenings. I bet you can sing a variety of songs. Your guitar playing is always excellent, you are in time, your voice does not lag vs the guitar and the tonality is spot on.

Fantastic video

Marc

eagle670

Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:44 am

I'm not seeing the tab for this lesson. Is it just me or is it just not there?

Great post by the way, I had heard the song before on the radio, but never knew the title or the artist.

I gotta learn this one!

Kevin

Lavallee

Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:40 am

Here it is Kevin, under Weezer in the songs and artists from Target

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... in-the-sun

eagle670

Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:48 am

Yeah I see the lesson, but there is no pdf of the chords and tab attached.

Thanks anyway!

Lavallee

Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:07 pm

Sorry I did nor read your message properly, I thought you were looking for the lesson itself. The lessons from MattB does not have tabs, I guess if he can master them being blind we need to put more effort to learn them. He describes very well what needs to be done though.

Marc

eagle670

Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:46 pm

Thanks! I just wanted to make sure that my pc was working properly, because I have had some trouble in the past with some pages loading properly. I haven't watched the lessons yet, because I can't access them at work, but I usually print off the tab so that I can tackle the lesson when I get home.

My thoughts and prayers are with you Matt!

Kevin

coomba

Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:18 pm

G'day Al
Nice job mate,Ive watched a couple of your uploads lately and enjoyed all of them,
this one is special.
I also agree your singing has come a long way and you really look like your enjoying it.
Great job
Cheers
Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic