Question?

pbraun

Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:08 pm

In one of Matt's updates on MattB. he mentions giving his "fold up" guitar to him to use while in Mexico. What is a fold up guitar? It looks like a regular guitar, is it just a term?
Sorry if it sounds dumb, but the name itself just makes me visualize packing a guitar in a suitcase.
Regardless, it was a truly honorable thing for Matt to do, I am sure it will help MattB in this fight he is going through.
Pete

dennisg

Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:13 pm

A fold-up guitar is any guitar that you allow United Airlines to handle.

Just kidding.

Sort of.

There is a type of travel guitar that actually has a hinged neck that allows you to fold the guitar in half for easy storage in a small case. That way you can take it on board instead of allowing the baggage handlers to use it for hammer-throw practice.

TGMatt

Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:21 pm

pbraun wrote:
In one of Matt's updates on MattB. he mentions giving his "fold up" guitar to him to use while in Mexico. What is a fold up guitar? It looks like a regular guitar, is it just a term?
Sorry if it sounds dumb, but the name itself just makes me visualize packing a guitar in a suitcase.
Regardless, it was a truly honorable thing for Matt to do, I am sure it will help MattB in this fight he is going through.
Pete
I love Dennis's response I almost wanted to leave it at that..

it actually is a full size guitar with a hinge..and because we are still talking with them I cannot mention their name , but it is an interesting thing...
It stay's in tune ....amongst other things..

The case is a back pack, and very very sturdy, and it helped Matty a ton to have something so easily transported and protected and small yet with a full sound..

months now have gone by whilst we await on an organization that moves at the speed of a slug on downers, but when and if they get there act together we will post and show you much much more..

Cheers

pbraun

Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:16 pm

Thanks Dennis and Matt kinda what I had pictured in my head. Looking forward to more info, I don't travel much anymore but it sounds interesting!
Pete

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic