music junkie

ceaser67

Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:49 pm

Hi music junkie,
Tommy here my son also done martial arts,he was the scottish district champion when he was 13yrs old,he practiced bushido,he was half step from his blackbelt at 13yrs old then stopped and took up boxing,not as serious now as he once was but still trains 3,4days a week,my son is 21yrs old on friday,just found youre reply interesting,hope youre kids stick at it,it is a great self confidence builder and teaches great respect to youre fellow human being,but when the chips are down you can also look after yourself without being a bully.
All the best to you and youre family
tommy (scotland)

Lavallee

Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:51 pm

ceaser67 wrote:
Hi music junkie,
Tommy here my son also done martial arts,he was the scottish district champion when he was 13yrs old,he practiced bushido,he was half step from his blackbelt at 13yrs old then stopped and took up boxing,not as serious now as he once was but still trains 3,4days a week,my son is 21yrs old on friday,just found youre reply interesting,hope youre kids stick at it,it is a great self confidence builder and teaches great respect to youre fellow human being,but when the chips are down you can also look after yourself without being a bully.
All the best to you and youre family
tommy (scotland)
I wonder who tells who to go to bed at 9PM ;)

Marc

ceaser67

Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:00 pm

Hi marc,
LMAO that was a good one,
i would still kick his ass if he got out of line.
Tommy
PS youre right he doesnt read these threads lol

Music Junkie

Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:45 pm

Hey Tommy:

The birthdays sound fun. It should be neat to have the dual one coming up..... :)

My boys have been in for a couple of years now and are testing for their decided brown belts. From there, they will go to red, then to recommended black and then finally black. They are both already doing so many things I never could or would have at their ages. I always did great in school and loved to play sports, but I NEVER had much in the way of self-confidence (at least other than in sports). I love watching them give it their all and succeed. Hell, even if they don't succeed in everything, they are giving it a go, and that is half the battle. I always tell them they have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Give it your all and you will never have regrets.

I can still take em'! Although it is getting a bit harder when they work together and blindside me..... :woohoo: :woohoo:

J

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic