Fake (+)(+)
Perfect (o)(o)
Perky (*)(*)
Cold (^)(^)
National Geographic [,][,]
Big ( • )( • )
Small (.)(.)
Grandma's \o/ \o/

We need to SAVE them all. Support Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

suziko

Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:15 am

Dennis,

You gave me a good laugh with your punctuation mark breasts!

My sister put a pink streak in her hair this month to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Anything it takes!

Suzi

TGMatt

Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:43 am

I expect with your headline skills this will get more views than any other thread ever..but it is a very important cause mate ...thx for the reminder..National Geographic for the win

BigBear

Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:01 am

Dennis- very, very clever! We all need to support this cause. A good friend's wife just had her second mastecomy (sp?) and is struggling with the aftermath. It's a horrible form of cancer. :cheer:

tombo1230

Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:01 pm

Dennisg you made me laugh, for a moment I was wondering where this was leading to. A good cause, I'm sure we all know someone who has been struck by this terrible disease. So a good reminder for all.

Tom N.

willem

Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:47 pm

Dennis,,i thought there be a snake under the grass,but i push the button,,got to say,,,,we support a lot of things,,even when the wallet is empthy,,

tovo

Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:50 pm

Breast Cancer Awareness Month is an International event so down here in Australia we will also be wearing pink ribbons and sponsoring events for this very worthwhile cause.

Looking forward to the inevitable day when medical science cracks this insidious disease and finds the cure for cancer full stop.

Great thread. Clever title. You are a witty guy Den...perhaps you should think about being witty for a living?

wrench

Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:19 pm

Support for Breast Cancer Awareness - a few bucks. The strength of character to laugh at it - priceless. I respect all who support the cause in whatever way is appropriate for them.

Here is how you support the cause when breast cancer comes-a-callin' at your house:

1. You hold her hand tightly while someone plunges a biopsy needle into her 28 times.
2. You hold her hand tightly when the doctor returns and begins the conversation with "I'm sorry".
3. You pray to some force much stronger than yourself for some of that strength while the lives of everyone in your family implode.
4. You ponder your helplessness and insignificance in this universe as you try to muster some strength to show your children during the 14 hours of surgery.
5. You tell her she is still the same woman as the incisions turn to scars.
6. You take her hat shopping.
7. You tell her she is beautiful the morning you wake up and you are lying in every fiber of the hair that was attached to her when you went to bed the night before.
8. Then you give her one of those hats and tell her it looks great.
9. You go with her to all the exams and mammograms, and you act strong and confident.
10. You pray for more of that force stronger than yourself to forgive the guy who diagnosed the cancer 8 years earlier - and didn't tell anyone.
11. You wait with her for the other shoe to drop every moment for the rest of your life.
12. And yes, you joke about it sometimes. It's OK.

Believe me when I say there's lot of hope, appreciation, and strength in those pink ribbons and small donations. Thanks to those who just support the fight.

I share my strength and prayers to those who need to fight the fight.

NKenny

Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:41 pm

Wrench

Those 12 things are very true, my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer 2 years ago. Luckily it was caught early. But it is always on your mind. Makes life's little aggravations seem small

Kenny

AndyT

Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:49 pm

I saw this thread last night and did not reply because it hit a raw nerve. Most of you know my wife is fighting cancer. It was breast cancer. The list Dan posted is a short but poignant reminder of how precious every moment with her is.

The thing that really pisses me off is that there are so many studies that show pretty conclusively that most cancers are triggered by the junk we call food. And they are still allowed to foist it off on the public as 'safe'.

Ok, I don't want to get all wound up here, so just eat natural and healthy. Stay safe and tell your family how much they mean to you when ever you think of it. You might wake up and they're gone one day.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic