Stand by for an Aussie Invasion

BigBear

Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:44 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
.... and the Swiss will be over shortly to buy the whole country as the dollar is now only 95 cents worth. Used to be about 130 cents worth about 5 years back.

The Japanese tried to buy this country a few years ago and that didn't work out too well. They got Hawaii much to their dismay. The Chinese will be the next to try. They own all the "funny money" we print anyway.

We'll be giving away those Taylors and Martins before you know it! LOL! Come and get 'em guys!! ;)

BigBear

Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:48 am

tovo wrote:
Did you notice how BIG our money is compared to NZ? Huge! Everything is bigger in Australia.

That's not what the Australian women say! :silly:

neverfoundthetime

Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:38 am

Funny how bank notes and how they are used can be so different in various countries. We have colourful notes too. And you can actually go into a store down town or a super market anywhere and pay for Fr. 30.00 worth of shopping with a Fr. 1'000.00 note and no one will bat an eyelid... they'll just check if they have enough change... which they will have. I've seen bank tellers go into a flap in Ottawa (main office) when I've tried to change 5 Fr. 100.00 notes to Canadian. Everyone had to ask everyone else WTF these funny coloured note were. You can change thousands worth of Dollars, pounds, Yen, anything into Franks at most Swiss railway stations. Image

Lavallee

Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:28 am

Switzerland has the benefit to be near of so many countries and it is a banking country. Canada is in the middle of nothing and has 4 banks. Anything different from the colors of Canadian money or only green is weird

Marc , from Canada

BigBear

Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:30 pm

I watched a TV show recently that showed how they make Australian money. It is very high tech. It is well known that American money is made from cotten linen and not paper, but Australian money is made from a special kind of plastic that is very long wearing, more sanitary and virtually impossible to counterfeit.

Many other countries are going to be using this form of currency in the future but Australia was the first.

Just another useless factoid!! :cheer:

Music Junkie

Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:10 pm

tovo wrote:
MJ, "bevvies" around the campfire is an activity I excel at. Let's not set up camp on Brokeback Mountain though OK? 2 beers and I'm open to all offers.
No worries there, I was way to afraid to even watch that movie.....lol

Plus, there is not enough alcohol in the world for me to except that kinda offer..... :woohoo: :woohoo:

Some good single malt bourbon, warm fire pit, starry sky and some guitar playing. Get the wives and kids to start singing.... Good stuff.

B) B)

tovo

Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:13 pm

Damn MJ if there wasn't an ocean between us we would be heading off on the next available weekend! Important thing is: we must share all tasks equally, that is what makes camping work. So I suggest:

1. You chop the wood, I will inspect to ensure it's the right size and it's dry enough.
2. You light the fire, I'll watch it burn.
3. You cook dinner, I'll eat it. (Happy to have the same arrangement for breakfast and lunch also).
4. You choose the wine and pour it, bring it to the campfire and hand it to me. I will make interesting comments as I drink it.
5. You stand guard at night to ensure no dangerous animals wander into camp. I will protect the women folk.

Remember, it's all about sharing the load.

Chasplaya

Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:29 pm

BigBear wrote:
neverfoundthetime wrote:
.... and the Swiss will be over shortly to buy the whole country as the dollar is now only 95 cents worth. Used to be about 130 cents worth about 5 years back.

The Japanese tried to buy this country a few years ago and that didn't work out too well. They got Hawaii much to their dismay. The Chinese will be the next to try. They own all the "funny money" we print anyway.

We'll be giving away those Taylors and Martins before you know it! LOL! Come and get 'em guys!! ;)
Sell Alaska to the Chinese, then they can see Russia from another perspective

Music Junkie

Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:27 pm

tovo wrote:
Damn MJ if there wasn't an ocean between us we would be heading off on the next available weekend! Important thing is: we must share all tasks equally, that is what makes camping work. So I suggest:

1. You chop the wood, I will inspect to ensure it's the right size and it's dry enough.
3. You cook dinner, I'll eat it. (Happy to have the same arrangement for breakfast and lunch also).
4. You choose the wine and pour it, bring it to the campfire and hand it to me. I will make interesting comments as I drink it.
5. You stand guard at night to ensure no dangerous animals wander into camp. I will protect the women folk.

Damn Tony! You are just so darn generous, that it's hard to believe..... :laugh: :laugh:

I have to admit, if it would get you over for a visit, I'd volunteer for the extra work..... B) B)

Although, I would rather share in the duties of protecting the women folk...... ;)

J

willem

Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:11 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
tovo wrote:

Damn Tony! You are just so darn generous, that it's hard to believe..... :laugh: :laugh:

I have to admit, if it would get you over for a visit, I'd volunteer for the extra work..... B) B)

Although, I would rather share in the duties of protecting the women folk...... ;)

J

Strange,,who is playing the guitar then???

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic