Stand by for an Aussie Invasion

tovo

Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:00 pm

The Australian dollar has reached parity with the US dollar for the first time since the currency was floated in December 1983.

The Aussie rose to $US1.0003 at 11.15pm last night in overseas trading.

Stand by for a LOT of Australian visitors. Consumer goods are SO cheap in the US in comparison with Australia due primarily to volume, so there will be plenty of people deciding to take the plunge and travel to the USA to see the county at a more affordable price than ever before.

The Aussie dollar has since slipped back just under the US but is predicted to rise again.

Another plus is that Matt is not likely to come back to Australia anytime soon. ;)

tom18

Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:08 pm

Tony,
C'mon over and bring all your friends; we're open for business and we'd certainly appreciate it!
Tom

On another subject: Congrat's to the Swiss on completing the Gotthard Base Tunnel. That is an impressive engineering feat.

Chasplaya

Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:27 pm

This has gotta be good less Aussies in this part of the world lol!!

heatndude

Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:58 pm

Well Tony come on over to the states. Bring lots of cash we are more than happy to have it. LOL I guess this means a few more overseas collaborations coming in the future. Is Aussie money green like you ?

Mark

BigBear

Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:00 pm

Tony- If we don't get our act together pretty damned quick the Mexican Peso so will be worth more than the dollar very soon!! We'll have Americans climbing the fence to get into Mexico where there are jobs!!

All the good folks from the Land Down Under are always welcome here! If you do come however bring some of that Penfold's Grange with you!! The 1998 would be good! :laugh:

tovo

Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:23 pm

heatndude wrote:
Well Tony come on over to the states. Bring lots of cash we are more than happy to have it. LOL I guess this means a few more overseas collaborations coming in the future. Is Aussie money green like you ?

Mark
No Mark our money is pretty colourful. I don't know how you guys tell the difference between the various denominations. It all looks the same to me. Is that "money racism"??

Grange Bear? No problem...I'll rustle up a few bottles. Yeah right!

Music Junkie

Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:25 pm

Tony:

If you are going to be one of the Aussies coming over, you damn well better plan a trip to Southern California......lol Either that, or come over next summer when it's camping season and we cam put the campfire songs to good use whilst tossing back tasty beverages..... B) B)

J

haoli25

Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:18 pm

Aussies coming to the US is the good news. Oprah is taking a bunch of her audience members to OZ in December. This can't be good. We will probably be at war with Oz after December. :laugh: :laugh:

BigBear

Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:47 pm

haoli25 wrote:
Aussies coming to the US is the good news. Oprah is taking a bunch of her audience members to OZ in December. This can't be good. We will probably be at war with Oz after December. :laugh: :laugh:

Is that a political statement coming from you? YOU? lmao!! :silly:

tovo

Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:23 pm

I understand that Tourism Australia is footing at least part of the Bill for Ophrah's visit to encourage more Americans to visit. Not the best timing in the World, Australia as never been so expensive for American tourists.

MJ, "bevvies" around the campfire is an activity I excel at. Let's not set up camp on Brokeback Mountain though OK? 2 beers and I'm open to all offers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic