Stand by for an Aussie Invasion

neverfoundthetime

Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:25 pm

.... and the Swiss will be over shortly to buy the whole country as the dollar is now only 95 cents worth. Used to be about 130 cents worth about 5 years back.

heatndude

Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:43 pm

Nope I don't think it is racism but maybe money stereotyping ? Our cash has pictures of dead presidents all except for the one bill which is a famous inventor / politician. Do you know who ? I have never seen Aussie cash maybe post a picture of some so I can see it. I have been to quit a few other countries and normally my money is worth more then where I was located at the time. I think the global economy is just starting to even out around the world but it will hurt some folks bad around here. I will have to send what little I have to a Switzerland bank for safe keeping or maybe the Cayman Islands. On the other hand maybe I should just deliver it in person. LOL If you come this way bring one of weird hollow stick instruments like Crocodile Dundee plays in the outback I think that would be cool to hear live. Dont go to California they dont have happy cows like we do in Wisconsin this the dairy state, we are very proud of our cheese, beer and bratwurst.

haoli25

Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:43 pm

tovo wrote:
I understand that Tourism Australia is footing at least part of the Bill for Ophrah's visit to encourage more Americans to visit.

After she gets there and explains the error of your ways in running your own country,
(she will also probably have a new prime minister in mind too), I think Oz will be obliged to come to the USA and kick our ass a little. :laugh: After her visit, I'm sure the Aussies will be a bit more selective in who they allow into their country. :laugh: :laugh:

Chris, the current owners, the Arabs, will never sell the rest of the US to the Swiss. :)

Bill

AndyT

Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:58 pm

Come to Hawaii instead. We don't have the American culture, just their politics.

tovo

Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:09 pm

Bill you are on fire today!

Heatndude, resisting the urge to Google, my first guess would be Thomas Edison? Perhaps Ben Franklin?

Anyway, I will post a picture of our notes as you requested. I only had a twenty sorry! But they are all different colours. We were the first country in the World to introduce plastic money. Hard to counterfeit and good if you decide to stick it in the washing machine.

Chasplaya

Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:33 pm

NZ dollar @76 and rising.

NZ Colourful money

Strange posted twice hmm must be worth twice as much then lol

Hydroman52

Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:50 pm

Hey Chas,

Interesting NZ money. It appears from your example that the bills increase in physical size as the denomination increases. Is this true?

haoli25

Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:00 pm

heatndude wrote:
Our cash has pictures of dead presidents all except for the one bill which is a famous inventor / politician.

Not all, Mark.

The Silver Dollar has the likeness of Susan B. Anthony - Suffragette

The Gold Dollar has the Likeness of Sacagawea -Shoshone Guide

The $10 bill has the image of Alexander Hamilton - The first U.S. Treasurer

The $100 bill has the image of Ben Franklin - U.S. Statesmen and Inventor

And my personal favorite, usually only found in private collections,
the $10,000 bill with the image of Salmon P. Chase - another U.S. Treasurer

Bill

tovo

Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:06 pm

Did you notice how BIG our money is compared to NZ? Huge! Everything is bigger in Australia.

So who is the inventor on the US Bill?? Don't leave me hanging.

EDIT: Cheers Bill! You are quick.

Chasplaya

Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:41 am

Hydroman52 wrote:
Hey Chas,

Interesting NZ money. It appears from your example that the bills increase in physical size as the denomination increases. Is this true?
Spot on mate, pain in the buttocks really cos you need to buy a wallet that can hold the $100 bill just in case you ever get one, wishful thinking lol.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic