What to buy yourself for Christmas or Hanukah

dennisg

Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:52 pm

Here's something you don't see every day: bracelets made from wound guitar strings donated by rock stars. And the money that WearYourMusic.org receives in payment for the bracelets goes to the charity selected by the particular rock star who donated the strings.

You can choose from among dozens of rock stars -- from Bonnie Raitt to Eric Clapton to Ziggy Marley.

Here's a description from the WYM web site: Each guitar string bracelet is handcrafted from recycled fine silver and guitar strings used and donated by the artist you select. The bracelets must slip over your hand unless a custom clasp is added; please size accordingly. Bracelets are packaged in recycled DVD cases with certificates of authenticity. Profits are donated to charities selected by the artists. Each bracelet is custom made upon order and production time can take up to three weeks before item ships.

http://wearyourmusic.org/catalog/index.php

tovo

Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:01 pm

Den,

That is seriously cool what a great idea that is. Having a bracelet with some connection to Eric Clapton or Carlos Santana would make for a great conversation piece plus charity wins also.

I'm keen, thanks for posting the link.

Chasplaya

Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:57 pm

Den,'

What a great find. Now all TG'ers Xmas is coming and I would like the bracelet on page 19 of the Artist series ok. :)

cheers

AcousticAl

Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:12 am

This is cool- but I'm having a hard time finding actual pictures of the item(s)--
Not the 'fashion' ones- but the 'artist' ones.

I did see the most expensive one is Clapton.
$500!!

neverfoundthetime

Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:27 am

Great cause..... but for me worse than Kitch! Sorry to be a party pooper!

willem

Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:46 am

Dennis thanks for sharing,,i never,,never throw my guitarstrings on the mull again,,i'm not so a collector but now i'm,,sharity is a good thing.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic