>> So two days into our "soft launch" - comments on content ??

pbraun

Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:13 am

As always I am enjoying all the new things. I tend to look at the forum, then to the lessons, now we have snapshots, interviews and even comics! Alot to view, but I will get through it!
Are the new content sections, snapshots etc going to have their own section that we can go to or only from the forum? Are they Target only content or for all?
Enjoying every minute!
Pete

michelew

Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:49 am

The new types of content like the snapshots and stories are great and add new dimensions to the TG experience. The lessons and reviews were already fabulous. Just when I thought TG had it all, you go and find another way to give us more. I thought I was already getting good value. It's well beyond that now. It's all awesome. I think I really am going to have to give up sleeping.

Thanks

Michele

Lavallee

Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:52 am

I like the new look, I find it more efficient and easier to navigate, having less colors makes it smoother. The list on the left cannot be easier to navigate. I like that you are releasing new free lessons to update the interest for new comers. As Michele and the others have said, the snapshots and the comics are very good ideas. Very impressed by this live transfer you guys did.

Fantastic job

Marc

heatndude

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:22 am

Well Matt I may as well sell my TV. Between the comic book, interviews, great new songs to work on and snapshots etc... I have no reason to leave my Ipad. I enjoy all the new content so far and cant wait to see whats next you guys always make this site enjoyable ! Thanks for all the hard work.

Mark

schm040

Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:29 am

Matt,

I have a suggestion about the content releases. It may be that I just don't know all the right buttons to push, but I find that there are just so many but none of them say "new content releases". I know there is a top 20 lessons button, and I find myself clicking that one the most. It seems that some stuff is just buried?

Just a suggestion, consider a BIG BUTTON that says, recent content, and update the links just like you do the lessons.

My apologies if there is one, or I am just too lazy to search through the forum lists for announcements etc.

Thanks,
Matt

eagle670

Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:52 am

I would second that idea. In order to check on that latest lessons you have to go into the forum and check for the new posts. I have noticed that sometimes new lessons will not appear in the top 20 lessons, so I always double check within the forum posts. A new content release button where you could see not just the new lessons, but new episodes of TG live, interviews, ect. would be great. You could probably eliminate the other areas where things are being posted now.

Knowing the TG Guy's they are already a step or two ahead of us on this suggestion. They always seem to over deliver on the site improvments.

Kevin

NKenny

Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:01 am

Unbelievable. great job everyone, but that's the the way it has always been around here right from the beginning. Glad to be a member of such a fine community.

Kenny

ceaser67

Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:48 am

Hi Matt,
i didnt think there was any point really with all the change,but now i see unfold you guys are doing a superb job,keep it up,i would be VERY surprised if you got any negative feedback,and thats coming from the guy with the least knowledge of computers on this site,
site looking great
Tommy

MarkM

Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:16 pm

Matt & Team,

Well I was going to respond to this earlier but then I saw all the new content that came out today. Great Kinks stuff today!!! I'm really enjoying the site. I think the new look and feel is a great improvement. The comic book is a nice idea and I look forward to the next installment. The vintage guitar reviews are great. I love guitars and can't get enough of that sort of stuff. Very nice addition. At then end of the day though its all about the content and I think this site is just fantastic when it comes to that. I mean, really, there is so much to choose from that I get brain lock when trying to decide what to learn next. The forum that you have created for us as well is such a huge draw for me as well. No matter where I'm travelling I can always stay in touch. All great stuff. I'm sure there will be more innovation and improvements on the way. I do have a question though and I'm sure others already know how to do this but I never got around too it. I'd love to find a way to use the "My Lessons" portion of this site so that I can get to the lessons I'm working on that much faster. All is all I couldn't be happier with this site.

MarkM

tovo

Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:54 pm

Content has never been an issue for me. I was happy with it before, I'm happy now. The site has always represented extremely good value for money from my perspective and the additional content just reinforces that value. Same applies with the look and feel of the site. All good.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic