Music Trivia: Richards Snorts His Dad

Chasplaya

Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:23 am

Keith Richards has cleared up the long standing rumour that he snorted his father's ashes in his recently release autobiography.

The story sparked worldwide speculation as to whether or not he actually did it. Articles were written in support of Richards while others derided him for being a cannibal.

'There were two schools of thought,' he writes in his autobiography. 'Old pro that I am, I said it was taken out of context. No denying, no admitting. 'The truth of the matter' - read my memo to Jane Rose [Richards' manager] when the story threatened to get out of hand - 'is that after having Dad's ashes in a black box for six years, because I really couldn't bring myself to scatter him to the winds, I finally planted a sturdy English oak to spread him around. And as I took the lid off of the box, a fine spray of his ashes blew out onto the table. I couldn't just brush him off, so I wiped my finger over it and snorted the residue. Ashes to ashes, ather to son. He is now growing oak trees and would love me for it.''

So there you have it. The rumours are true, Keith Richards snorted his dad.

cosmicmechanic

Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:51 am

Chasplaya wrote:
[quote]"... as I took the lid off of the box, a fine spray of his ashes blew out onto the table. I couldn't just brush him off, so I wiped my finger over it and snorted the residue.'

Very interesting quote ... what would I have done? Maybe left him there? Or "brushed him off" with a finger ? Licked a finger ? Maybe rubbed into my scalp? Not trying to be overly dramatic, but the last time I gave my dad a ride, he was in a can in a bag. That's life ... what would I have done if I had some smudge to decide what to do with ? (Don't worry Keith, I don't think I'll start a thread on this subject ... someone else has :dry: ).

willem

Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:50 am

You write the rumour is true,,so it is a rumour,,i don't believe this,,but there walk some crazy people on earth,,maybe he mixed some..

neverfoundthetime

Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:32 am

Well, his book LIFE is out and apparently it's a great read at over 700 pages... apparently he was present during his life after all :-).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic