>> Urgent help needed for MattB please step up if you can here..

TGMatt

Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:42 pm

Hey everyone..

Many of you now know that Matt B is home from a stay in an alternative health hospital in Mexico..

He is in desperate need of some help...

If you can ..please show up now..

Some context - Matt is not able to earn a living right now due to his illness, he has had to let all of his students find other teachers for now.., Matt has no financial resources essentially at all, he has no economic support coming from any family, his funds are dwindling to the point where he will not be able to afford the essentials he needs to continue fighting.., to date some close friends have stepped up, but it is time to share some of that burden

Matt obviously has enough to deal with as a blind man, ... and now sick from the treatments and is obviously also battling the actual Tumor pressure in his head and nose..

It is time to put aside the gentle approach as a man's life is at stake...nothing is more important than this , nothing....

His family is remote and mostly absent with the exception of his sister, who is struggling to cope with a huge burden of responsibility..

She is with him now, but cannot take much more time off of work without risking her own future..she has done an amazing job, that is frankly beyond amazing, I only wish more people in my life had her courage, and sheer love commitment and determination she has, but as embarrassed as she may be by this, she needs help, and it is ok to ask...in fact it is now necessary to put all ego aside and plead ...

There is a lack of emotional and structural support for all of the immediate family...there is also no clear organizational management to get the things done that need doing.

On the health side, Matt has just had a new scan and will be processing the results with his Western Medical oncology team tomorrow, he may need to go to hospital, he may need in house care whilst going to low dose chemotherapy treatments, that will come out in the wash ..For now Matt is laboring to hold down food, sleep and just even be up from bed at all..

This is the time to show up if you are willing to help, he is based in Orange County California...but all of you I know can offer some contribution...

Please think long and hard about not only what you can do, but who you may know in your inner and outer circles who can possibly contribute..

We are looking for the following things..

(1) A person who can call every charity organization and support group and ask for help on every level - (a) Transport, (b) Nursing help (c) Charity and fund raising help
(d) psychological support and counseling for him and the family (e) Help with food and vitamins and supplies (f) anything else that may be available..

This person will be a bulldog, call every resource, and find every piece of help ...they can do this from anywhere in the states, and act as a "close" family member..

(2) We need a person who can lead a charity drive...this person will be a lover of checklists and happy to call and follow up on anyone who offers to donate money, goods or services with the ultimate objective being that these will be auctioned off immediately to raise funds..

(3) We need donations of money , goods and services... - Starting with goods and services...we are arranging next day or so two ways to donate cash ...but for now if you have any goods, or services (ie offers to do book keeping or lawn mowing or whatever...Get creative)...please notify us here in this thread and we ill arrange a series of location drops....

(4) as mentioned before we need a list of taxi drivers who can ferry Matt around ...he is in Orange county, and we must be able to count on you

(5) A lawyer.. -- So Matt's guitar store where he teaches has owed him for all his student lessons, b4 he went away he was being drip fed money by the sorry sack owner.,now he is back nothing..this guy needs a rottweiler on his ass to pay , he needs to understand why withholding Matt's money is unconscionable...this money is crucial for Matt's life, and he earn't it.

A lawyer who wont just write a letter..but can make this happen..

These are the specifics for now....Organizational management behind the charity stuff and getting Matt as many support organizations as possible behind him is the key right now..

Please if you think this is a place for you to help please do this now...this is what we need now, we cannot do this alone...

Matt has a place in this world to live and shine for us and others...please help us in this cause..

Thx Matt and Neil and the TG team..

neverfoundthetime

Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:37 pm

Hi, I am an attorney in los angeles and may be able to help get Matt paid what he is owed. Please email me at [email protected]. I do need some information about how much he is owed, the time frame, how he was paid, etc. Thanks, Bruce (

TGMatt

Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:43 pm

webberom wrote:
Hi, I am an attorney in los angeles and may be able to help get Matt paid what he is owed. Please email me at [email protected]. I do need some information about how much he is owed, the time frame, how he was paid, etc. Thanks, Bruce (
Thx Bruce I will get you that info ...

Cheers mate ..

mromero32

Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:43 pm

Let me know where the fund is set up. About all I can do at this point is a donation of money. Mark, [email protected]

TGMatt

Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:46 pm

We have had our first cash donation..Thx to (you know who you are)..

We are putting up a safe way for you to donate cash in the next day or so..

But goods and services is another thing that will work ..we will put these in an auction..

So anyways thx to the folk who have stepped up so far..

coomba

Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:33 pm

G'day Matt
as you know I'm a bit far away to help hands on, but I just had a thought, maybe an increase to monthly subscription for however long Matt needs it, may help. it could be voluntary but I'm shore you would get some takers, Its not a handout either as we all have benefited from Matt s lessons.
Not sure if this idea will help and I have no idea of how many TG'rs there are or how many would be willing?
either way ,I'll chuck in what I can when I can.
Cheers
Scott

PS feel free to remove this if you don't like the idea.

sbutler

Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:35 pm

Matt,

I have an LAZER , (les paul style electric) guitar and a case that I will send you for the auction.

I've been told by a local Luthier, that the case is an antique and worth more than the guitar.

Its yours.

Scott Image

sbutler

Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:40 pm

Matt,

I have an electric guitar. A LAZER (Les Paul style) that is very functional and will gladly donate to an auction.

I've been told by a local luthier, that the case is an antique and is worth far more than the guitar. Obviously they go together.

Scott

TGMatt

Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:55 pm

sbutler wrote:
Matt,

I have an electric guitar. A LAZER (Les Paul style) that is very functional and will gladly donate to an auction.

I've been told by a local luthier, that the case is an antique and is worth far more than the guitar. Obviously they go together.

Scott
Scott words do not describe how happy I am that you have done this...thankyou thankyou thankyou..

I will let Matty know you have done this

we will set up an auction hopefully someone from TG will benefit...

I will be in touch mate..
Cheers

TGMatt

Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:06 pm

coomba wrote:
G'day Matt
as you know I'm a bit far away to help hands on, but I just had a thought, maybe an increase to monthly subscription for however long Matt needs it, may help. it could be voluntary but I'm shore you would get some takers, Its not a handout either as we all have benefited from Matt s lessons.
Not sure if this idea will help and I have no idea of how many TG'rs there are or how many would be willing?
either way ,I'll chuck in what I can when I can.
Cheers
Scott

PS feel free to remove this if you don't like the idea.
HJey buddy...

Thx for the idea...technically we are covering that anyway with direct donations from us personally..

Id love some folk to put there thinking caps on to what can be created or donated for an auction..

Goods can be donated..or created (eg art), services can be created (eg lawnmowing, accountancy work, legal work, or even donating time playing a concert , or whatever), so Im sure as a community some better stuff can be done, distance need not be a hindrance to this part of the idea...local goods and services can be auctioned locally for instance etc etc..

CLean out the garage etc etc..whatever ideas can come ...and potentially more can be thought through by the group at large here...

Create a live chat session and all jump in and start brainstorming...

THx mate

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic