>> Urgent help needed for MattB please step up if you can here..

BigBear

Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:50 am

TGMatt wrote:
Id love some folk to put there thinking caps on to what can be created or donated for an auction..

Matt- to get to where you need to go you may have to think big. I'm not sure where Matt lives but hosting a Charity Concert always seems to work. Musicians seem to love playing the guitar for others (Live Aid, Farm Aid and so on...) I'm sure Neil knows more than a few musicians. What are Al Stewart or Laurence Juber doing for fun these days?

Corporate sponsorships will generate more money that just the gate. But to get corporate interest this needs to get the attention of the local media. Are there newspapers down there who would do a human interest story? The idea of a blind guitarist and teacher is pretty cool by itself but now he's in trouble and needs big help.

Also, get the local school districts and kids involved. Have kids send him "Get Well Soon" cards and make sure the press knows about it.

Also, get local churches involved. They love to help others in need.

Bottom line, people love to help if they know the cause, can participate and they can relate. This man is dealing with so much. Give his community a chance to rally around him.

Just some thoughts from someone who knows absoultely nothing about any fundraising. :cheer:

willem

Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:51 am

TGMatt wrote:
We are putting up a safe way for you to donate cash in the next day or so..

I hope you connect the paypall button,,i guess you wil do,,can't do much but all the litlle ones make a big one to..

schm040

Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:26 am

Hey,

My family recently experienced a serious health concern when my 24 year old brother had a stroke. He suffered some loss of use of his left leg and and most of his left arm. He was surrounded by his family immediately, and I know how much that meant to him.

TG is a family too, and MattB, consider me your brother.

TGMatt, I will contribute money for sure, and see what else in terms of goods I can come up with.

Matt

I live in New England, so I would need shipping information for goods.

ddbruno

Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:20 am

I don't have a lot but let me know when you get a donation system in place and I'll certainly send along a little cash. I know what it's like having a family member who can't get by on their own. My brother and I take care of my mom who suffers with Parkinson's and it gets difficult at times. Considering his sister is doing it on her own is a testament to her.

elkabong

Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:11 am

Let me know where I can send some cash.

TGMatt

Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:29 am

BigBear wrote:
TGMatt wrote:
Id love some folk to put there thinking caps on to what can be created or donated for an auction..

Matt- to get to where you need to go you may have to think big. I'm not sure where Matt lives but hosting a Charity Concert always seems to work. Musicians seem to love playing the guitar for others (Live Aid, Farm Aid and so on...) I'm sure Neil knows more than a few musicians. What are Al Stewart or Laurence Juber doing for fun these days?

Corporate sponsorships will generate more money that just the gate. But to get corporate interest this needs to get the attention of the local media. Are there newspapers down there who would do a human interest story? The idea of a blind guitarist and teacher is pretty cool by itself but now he's in trouble and needs big help.

Also, get the local school districts and kids involved. Have kids send him "Get Well Soon" cards and make sure the press knows about it.

Also, get local churches involved. They love to help others in need.

Bottom line, people love to help if they know the cause, can participate and they can relate. This man is dealing with so much. Give his community a chance to rally around him.

Just some thoughts from someone who knows absoultely nothing about any fundraising. :cheer:
We have considered this..but we have no one to take charge and make it happen..this was my biggest cal out right now..that and someone to get a hold of organisations that may also be able to help..there is simply no one to even man the phones...so a charity event b4 xmas is not even a possibility until we can get him aride to the doctor when he needs it, or a nurse at home, or someone to cal all the support groups..

wiley

Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:26 pm

American Cancer Society has a program named "Road to Recovery" which is a volunteer program dealing with transportation. You can call 1-800-227-2345 to see if something is available in Matty's area.

TGMatt

Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:54 pm

THx so much so far for your help to me via PM and on this thread.

We still need actual humans to help us with the organizational stuff..to make the calls etc..so keep thinking of who in your networks can help

We are going to raise funds two ways at present...via a series of auctions using Ebay for goods and services and via a donation fund online that is secure..

This fund is now live today ..

http://www.giveforward.com/mattbvscancer

You can visit this site and donate knowing that it goes to Matt and that it is safe to do so...

Thx to everyone so far..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic