>> DOnate goods and services here for MattB charity auction

Chasplaya

Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:26 am

I commissioned a NZ Artist to hand carve a Jade (Greenstone) Guitar pick as a one of for this auction. The artist is Sharon Painter her website is as follows and is worth checking out:

www.painterarps.co.nz

It has a Koru on one side and etched on the other is 'Matt B'. The koru (Māori for "bight" or "loop") is a spiral shape based on the shape of a new unfurling silver fern frond and symbolising new life, growth, strength and peace.

d_dog

Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:57 am

These are all excellent and amazing donation. I will be heading up the Auction site along with MattB's sister and a friend of TGMatts.
I will be contacting all of you directly at some point soon that have offered items for the auction.
Most of you have offered some details and photos already of the items you are offering, the more descriptions and details about the items the better.
If you'd like to offer additional details and or photos, please feel free to email me directly at [email protected]
More details to follow....

Thank you all!

TGMatt

Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:04 am

Hey all..

Damian beat me to it, but he has graciously agreed to help run this auction...

If you have stuff you want to contribute then step up here...you still have time..

To Damian - You are a gentleman and a scholar , thx for being you mate

haoli25

Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:28 pm

Damian, it is so cool that you have stepped up and taken on this responsibility. I hope you stay VERY busy with it. I am looking forward to see how the auction and the Facebook drive turn out. I hope they both raise a lot of money for our friend, MattB.

Bill

d_dog

Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:25 am

I just wanted to give this thread a bump. Perhaps a sticky post would be in order for a short time? TGMatt or Mike or Neil.....
We're getting down to the wire on the time left to donate items. If you have any items or perhaps a service that you'd like to donate please email me at [email protected] with the description and photo(s) of the item(s).
This will be an eBay auction. We'll (me and other volunteers) be creating the eBay actions and all the stuff on the back end. The idea is that you'll hang on to the item and when the auction is over, you'll be responsible for shipping the item to the winning bidder. Of course we'll provide you with the addresses after the auction.
If your item is not shippable, like if it's too large or extremely expensive to ship, then we will designate that your item will be for "local" pick up only, wherever that may be. You also have the option, if you live in or around the LA/Orange Co. area, to drop off your item(s) at Matt's house. You'll have to email me to get the address.
If you cannot afford to ship the item please let me know in advance and we "may" be able to make some arrangement.
Thank you to everyone that has donated items already, we hope this to be a fantastic success and huge benefit to Matt.
Remember, [email protected] is the best way to get this information to me. But posting here wouldn't be terrible either :-)

d_dog

Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:25 am

Hi again all,

A decision has been made to hold the MattB charity eBay auction the last week in Jan. 2011. This will give everyone involved more time to give Matt the attention and effort that he deserves, to make the auction the most successful it can be. We are also going to take this extra time to continue to put out the word to as many people as we can to donate any items or services that they can to help the effort.
I want to thank you all that have already donated items and urge you to invite your friends, colleagues and family members to consider donating whatever they can. Next time you're in your garage or storage unit or closet, consider what you might have that we may add to the auction.
Online money donations can be made here through the Give Forward Organization: Give Forward MattB
Anyone interested in donating items can email me at [email protected]

Thank you all again!

Damian

slinger

Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:40 pm

Any Matt B updates??

When is the Auction???
and what's being auctioned?

.....life was not meant to be as it is.
hopefully at His proper time for those who believe, the One most high will correct all matters.
Rev21: 4,5
Until then give us the strength to endure these difficult times.

Our hearts and prayers go out to you Matt

d_dog

Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:58 pm

Hey Slinger, thanks for reminding me to update everyone. We're still moving forward and accepting items. We have a huge list of items at this point, nearly 100! It's been quite a chore to log everything and get things set up. As always please email me at [email protected] with any questions or to donate items.

Thanks again to everyone that has already donated items, and thank you for your patients. We'll keep everyone in the loop as we move forward.

In the mean time, you can visit http://www.mattbvscancer.com for updates and status of Matt and video logs. You can also donate directly at this website as well through the Give Forward link on the main page.

Thanks everyone!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic