>> DOnate goods and services here for MattB charity auction

TGMatt

Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:59 pm

This thread if for folk who can dig up goods or services that we can use for a charity auction we want to run to help Matt raise funds for his fight..

Please get creative ...find something we can use...

Leave your message here..

We will be looking to appoint someone to manage the inventory and set up and run the auction so any volunteers for that job also please step up..

Thx all..

sbutler

Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:52 pm

Matt,

As I said the other night, I'll get that little black electric guitar to you somehow.

Scott

TGMatt

Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:58 pm

Thx mate..

We can auction it without you sending it anywhere..TG will foot any shipping costs, once we organise the Auctioneer manager...who will run the Ebay process for charity..

Cheers mate..

I know we have a gig bag and another guitar from someone else coming too...

Keep thinking folks..check your garage...we can auction it from wherever you are..all you have to do is post picture and description here..

Or you can get creative and come up with a service you can offer and donate the certificate ...

Examples could be a bookeeper giving 5 hours of work...or a lawer giving 10 hours of billable time, or a musician donating themselves to a wedding or event of playing..Or an artist painting a painting and donating...

Or just dig an old bike out of the shed..or if you have it a dust covered Bugatti Royale, or a dusty old White Falcon electric..

Remember this is for a Mans life ...thankyou so much to everyone who has stepped up so far..

Matty will be showing up on camera next few days to talk to you all

Cheers

TGMatt

Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:09 pm

Scott has kindly donated this guitar...for the auction

Matt,

I have an LAZER , (les paul style electric) guitar and a case that I will send you for the auction.

I've been told by a local Luthier, that the case is an antique and worth more than the guitar.

Its yours. Image

Chasplaya

Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:40 pm

Ok started digging things out and this is the first one for your auction

Brand new Guitar Anthology America, Tablature and standard notation, chord charts.

Americas Greatest Hits History: Songs are: Daisy Jane, Don't Cross The River, A Horse With No Name, I Need You, Lonely People, Muskrat Love,
Only In Your Heart, Sandman, Sister Golden Hair, Tin Man, Ventura Highway, Woman Tonight.

This book has never been opened

TGMatt

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:47 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
Ok started digging things out and this is the first one for your auction

Brand new Guitar Anthology America, Tablature and standard notation, chord charts.

Americas Greatest Hits History: Songs are: Daisy Jane, Don't Cross The River, A Horse With No Name, I Need You, Lonely People, Muskrat Love,
Only In Your Heart, Sandman, Sister Golden Hair, Tin Man, Ventura Highway, Woman Tonight.

This book has never been opened
THx Chas...

Chasplaya

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:58 pm

Ok a reasonably rare item. This is the poster that came in the sleeve for Eagles Live album (vinyl) released in 1980. It is not exactly mint condition it does have crease marks, but hey its 30yrs old now. I think I can part with this

TGMatt

Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:00 am

Chasplaya wrote:
Ok a reasonably rare item. This is the poster that came in the sleeve for Eagles Live album (vinyl) released in 1980. It is not exactly mint condition it does have crease marks, but hey its 30yrs old now. I think I can part with this

Bloody excellent mate thx

haoli25

Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:59 am

Matt, I have an Ovation Model 1655 Custom Balladeer electric/acoustic 12-string to donate to MattB's Auction. It was setup by a professional luthier and I have just installed new D'Addario EJ39 medium strings on it tonight. I has a great sound. I hope it finds a good home and raises some money for MattB. Any questions about it, just PM me. Otherwise,
just tell me where to send it. The donation includes insurance and shipping to anyplace in the world.

Bill

AndyT

Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:04 am

I've got an old Kima acoustic here in its original case. Is it worth donating? If it is, then it's yours. It doesn't appear to be worth much. The shipping might be worth more. You decide.

* EDIT *

This thing is old and very beat up. After I posted this I took it out to examine it closer. It has a truss rod but part of the bracing inside is missing from around the truss rod mount. If I were even to put strings on it, I'd use nylons and use it as a beach banger.

Sorry, I don't think this guitar is worth having in the auction. I was really hoping it could be used, but I just don't think it would be fair to anyone to offer this up.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic