Talk about a close call! Funny (and true) story- VIDEO ADDED PG2.

AcousticAl

Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:54 pm

So...

I bought another guitar.

Don't ask.

Thought I wanted a 12 string-- made the mistake of trying a Martin 6-string while I was in the store, and BAM!! I bought it. Just didn't want to put it down. I don't need another guitar. I was planning on upgrading my Fender acoustic at some point-- BUT NOT YESTERDAY!! Anyone notice my post asking why I can't delay gratification?!!

Anyways, that's not the funny part.

I was figuring out how to get my ducks in a row-- this was not a cheap guitar. I needed to sell my old one, sell some other stuff, sell my body to help pay for this thing! And also needed to get my wife on board too! She's very cool and supportive about my playing and gadgets etc. But did I mention this was AN EXPENSIVE GUITAR? Not the kind of thing you just buy without at least consulting your significant other.

Anyways, I snuck it in the house last night and put it in the basement for the night. Needed time to collect my thoughts. Slept on it.

Woke up this morning and had a shower.
My wife comes in the bathroom and says "Do you like my new guitar?"

"Huh"?? My mind is racing. Was I busted? Did she see it in the basement?

"Do you like my new guitar??" she says again.

"What are you talking about?" I said, not wanting to give anything away.

She motions to an entirely new outfit she was wearing. Jacket, blouse, boots etc. She pretends to 'play' her jacket zipper like an air guitar.

"I went shopping yesterday. You keep buying guitars, and I'll keep buying clothes!", she says.

"Deal", I said.

Classic coincidence. And talk about a green light!!

Anyways, you'll see & hear the guitar soon. I can't see ever needing a better guitar than this one--
but never say never, right?? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

AcousticAl

Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:09 pm

Martin DC-16gte for those that are curious.

tovo

Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:09 pm

Al,

I did notice the gratification comment, I didn't want to ask! Strange things can happen when a man is home with too much time on his hands. Anyways......

Congrats on the new axe. Martin is making a surge on TG.

Does Mrs Al know yet? It's a tricky situation to be sure.

Perhaps tell her you like her outfit so much, she looks SO hot, that you want to encourage her to buy more outfits....so you went out and bought another guitar. Almost doing her a favour!

I can't see selling your body raising much cash.......if that's your plan you should have gone for lay-away with extra long terms.

AcousticAl

Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:17 pm

tovo wrote:
Al,

I did notice the gratification comment, I didn't want to ask! Strange things can happen when a man is home with too much time on his hands. Anyways......

Congrats on the new axe. Martin is making a surge on TG.

Does Mrs Al know yet? It's a tricky situation to be sure.

Perhaps tell her you like her outfit so much, she looks SO hot, that you want to encourage her to buy more outfits....so you went out and bought another guitar. Almost doing her a favour!

I can't see selling your body raising much cash.......if that's your plan you should have gone for lay-away with extra long terms.

I knew that 'selling my body' comment would come back to bite me.
Mrs. Al will know today.
"No one puts Baby in the Basement!!"
(lame dirty dancing reference if you don't know)

sbutler

Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:31 pm

Al, since I've been totally hammered by the General Aviation bug, I've long since learned that you need to minimize the dollar amount references.

For example, $100 is one unit. There isn't much on an airplane that costs lesson than a grand, so saying 10 units sounds so much better. this little trick could buy you some time. Very little time perhaps, but every little bit helps.

The problem with that logic is that my wife is a CPA, and eventually gets how many units I've spent.

The guitar world is much the same. That Martin, couldn't have taken too many units.
But then again, neither did her new outfit!

Scott

neverfoundthetime

Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:25 pm

Kismet Al!

wammer

Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:47 pm

So ..............What ur sayin is by calling me and pouring your guts out didn't help your guilty conscious...................... :P :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And Now everyone here ........LOL and you still havn't told Mrs. Al ahahhahahahhahahahhhhahahahhhahhahhhahhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahah......

tick tock tick tock tick tock LMAO

JUST DO IT :dry:

michelew

Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:49 pm

Better you than the credit card statement Al... They are such dobbers (translation - Aussie for 'tattletales').

And good for you!

So for your penance you need to post pictures and a video or 3 and be very, very sweet to your wife as she is parading around in all of her new outfits for the rest of the year. :P

Michele

thereshopeyet

Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:59 pm

Thanks

BobR

Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:59 pm

Hey Al,

The Martin sounds really nice. A friend of mine is actually looking at the same model. Hope to see you playing it here soon. Good luck getting it out of the basement :laugh:

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic