Talk about a close call! Funny (and true) story- VIDEO ADDED PG2.

haoli25

Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:09 am

"When Mama ain't happy, nobody's gonna be happy!"

Good luck Al and welcome to the Martin club

Bill

AcousticAl

Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:18 am

lil40 wrote:
Oh, do upload a video PLEASE!!!

The Martin DG 16 gte sounds fantastic in the reviews and maybe, for my next birthday.... :woohoo:

Congratulations, you must be floating on air

Lil

Yes, Lil. It gets KILLER reviews everywhere I've looked. Something else is the preamp if you're plugged in-- it's got a 7 band eq and reverb effects setting. The guy at the store said it was pretty groundbreaking, although he was trying to sell me a guitar.

I'll try and post a quick vid of it in this thread for those that are interested.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:27 am

Quit braggin' and get that video up! :-)

AcousticAl

Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:06 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Quit braggin' and get that video up! :-)
Ask and ye shall receive. Uploading something now.

AcousticAl

Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:11 am

I was messing with the settings on the preamp yesterday and recorded a few samples. I quickly edited them together in this clip. It basically shows the effects/reverb setting either fully ON or fully OFF. Of course there are increments in between that you can set it to as well.

As I mentioned earlier, there's also a 7 band eq on it that lets you tweak your sound even more. More bass? Less treble? You can custom set it.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:17 am

Al, that took you a full 40 minutes to get up and posted at 08:00 in the morning... and I was expecting a fast response. :-)

Great sound on all settings Al, you must be in love! What's your set up out side the guitar... amp, Micro?

AcousticAl

Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:41 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Al, that took you a full 40 minutes to get up and posted at 08:00 in the morning... and I was expecting a fast response. :-)

Great sound on all settings Al, you must be in love! What's your set up out side the guitar... amp, Micro?

I had the clips recorded yesterday already.

Setup is direct from guitar via 1/4" out to computer via 1/8" stereo mini in. The cable is actually mono at the 1/4" end and stereo at the mini end. That's how I get signal on both channels (I think).

AcousticAl

Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:50 am

Here's something else funny.

I knew I loved the sound of this guitar- but couldn't put my finger on why.

Played it for my wife and asked her opinion. She said it sounds full, deep, clear -particularly when strumming. Reminded her of how a 12 string sounds!

Full circle, friends.

MarkM

Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:15 am

Nice guitar Al!!! Loved the story as well. I've been in that EXACT situation. Once you've got your heart and mind set on something it's tough to put the breaks on. Guitars can be very dangerous to the wallet if not carefully mangaed. Congratulations on the Martin and getting through the expierence unscathed. What guage strings are you using on that thing? Can't wait to see more from you.

MarkM

michelew

Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:24 pm

WOW. StH especially sounded perfect for the guitar and that set up. Who knew that a Martin 6 string could sit in for a 12 string and with the added advantage of friendlier F chords.

Looks great too.

M.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic