"Feelin' Groovy" on a Friday!

cosmicmechanic

Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:11 pm

I haven't felt this groovy since I spent an afternoon in bathing trunks sitting on a wicker patio chair :P

Always fun to see your videos, Al.

Pierre

AcousticAl

Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:09 am

Glad you all caught the Friday vibe I was sending out. I should try less-hard more-often!
Matt has requested that I re-post this in the student review section, so hopefully the vibes spill over to Saturday as well...

Jerry, to answer your question-- here's a laundry list of stuff I'm using.
-Behringer 502 mixer (CHEAP one. $70 bucks new?)
-Sennheiser e835 mic to mixer ($100?)
-Martin DC16-GTE semi-acoustic guitar 1/4 inch to mixer
-out of mixer to micro BR recorder ($200). This gets me really good quality and layering capability.
-record video separately on my webcam.
-join audio & video back up in AVS (edit program)($60?). Guess you could use MovieMaker, which is free on most PC's BEFORE Windows 7.

So all-in, I guess I spent about $400 to $500 for this setup- minus the guitar of course :laugh:
I don't always use this setup, as it's a bit involved, but this is the best way for me to get really good audio right now.

You can PM me if you have more specific questions.

Cheers!

neverfoundthetime

Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:07 am

Well it's Saturday here now so it must be Wednesday in NZ or something like that! Al must be up and about now as I've noticed we seem to get up at about the same time although there's 6 time zones between Canada and Switzerland!

Al that was far out, outa sight man! A superb job all round. My favourite Al Martin song to date. Way to go bro! ;-)

Craig

Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:23 pm

Al,
I missed this yesterday. However I am having a Groovy Saturday! Very well done. I looked at this song and for some reason the picking isn't coming to me as easy as you made it look. Nice vocals as well. Keep up the great work!
Craig

Hydroman52

Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:36 pm

Al,

Great job on this. It's top shelf stuff. No suggestions for changes or improvements from me.

Hydroman52

willem

Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:59 pm

Craig wrote:
Al,
I missed this yesterday. However I am having a Groovy Saturday! Very well done. I looked at this song and for some reason the picking isn't coming to me as easy as you made it look. Nice vocals as well. Keep up the great work!
Craig
Hi GROOVY Craig,,its more a groovy weekend after Al Martin put this up,,i had the same issues 0n the pickin,,it looks simple but!!!!! well i be gladl i played a long with Al and i got the groove,,when you play the whole thing and full speed then i have groove's in my fingers ,,thanks Al ,,,,,,l be glad when monday is there,,,nooo i lie..

lueders

Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:32 pm

Al, I mean this in the best possible way: That sounding like a backing track for a tv commercial.THINK OLD NAVY OR TARGET AROUND THE WINTER HOLIDAYS (You know, some hip new alternative- indie group (or whatever) covers a timeless gem like this ; and in so doing turns multiple generations onto or back onto the song.)
Then ga zillions of people go and download the itune of it.., I know I would.
I thought this sounded great, loved the harmonics. And your harmony vocal track sounded so nice. (Jealous of your quality productions.)

Awesome Al, and thanks Suziko for talking Al into it!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic