"Feelin' Groovy" on a Friday!

AcousticAl

Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:29 am

I didn't know if I should post this-- don't want to oversaturate the market if you know what I mean.

But Suzi said I should- and she hasn't steered me wrong yet. :)

And it's Friday. And I'm not working!!

Hope you're Feelin' Groovy too, TG!!!!!

ffsooo3

Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:37 am

WOW. Excellent sound. Excellent playing. Nice harmonies. Over saturation? No way. More please! Only now you have to do them in stereo!!

suziko

Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:04 am

Hi Al,

Well, as I mentioned to you already privately, I thought this was a really sweet version of this song. I liked the way you varied the high notes throughout the song to keep it from becoming monotonous. Also really liked the harmonics ending each verse!

One thing I would recommend giving a try is incoporating the hammer-on that Neil does in his lesson (but doesn't put in the tab). I think that instead of playing the open D as the penultimate note in the last measure, you hammer on a B on the open A. Hope that makes sense. That's what I do, anyway, and it sounds good to me! it's nice to throw that in, again, as variety.

Your voice sounds great in this song and I loved the harmonies you did with the 2nd track.

I started working on this song as soon as Neil posted it and I thought that since it was a level 1 song I'd have it down cold in an hour. But I found it MUCH trickier than I expected. Not sure if it's the rhythm or the picking pattern, but it took a while to get it sunk into my fingers. But it is REALLY fun to play.

Suzi

ffsooo3

Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:18 am

Well that was really really nice, a good way to start my work-day, thanks! ;)

willem

Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:47 am

Al,you may be glad you put it up,,i'm feelin groovy now,,its nice having a day off and be happy in the playing corner, i liked the overdub's,,it suite's the comming weekend,,,

pbraun

Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:59 am

Al, Man what a sound! That is great! When is the album going to be released, it sounds like it ready to go.
Thanks for making my Friday a GROOVY one
Pete

AcousticAl

Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:23 am

Glad you're enjoying the groovy vibe!

Suzi- good call on the hammer on's. Don't know if I can do it while singing, but worth a shot.

BTW- you've all got my permission to take the day off.

Cheers!

B)

suziko

Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:30 am

You could just do the hammer-ons during the intro and the interlude. They're less noticeable when you're singing anyway.

Nice job, Al!

wammer

Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:51 am

Al

That was great......STOP IT....your having way to much fun LOL

buddy

Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:44 am

Al,

That was just great ! What a great way to start the weekend.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic