DANGEROUS SITUATION HELP!

AndyT

Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:39 am

As far as Emo being a musical genre, Never heard of it and really don't care. It's not music or clothers, or makeup or whatever that I'm on about.

And truth be told, At first I thought it was a reference to Emo Phillips.

unclewalt

Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:51 am

Again, I seriously doubt that this particular video drove anyone to cut themselves. But assuming that *some* video did -- yeah, I agree, it's a problem. The Internet has made it much harder to protect kids from seeing the worst that humanity has to offer. Trouble is -- *nothing can be done about it* except to parent responsibly and hope for the best.

The only bright spot is that, with good parenting and good genealogical luck, most kids appear to be able to handle it fine. As I said, psychological problems among kids appear to be no more prevalent now than they were 10, 20, or 50 years ago. (It will be interesting to see what happens, though, with the kids who are just now becoming socialized -- the first bunch with a lifetime's worth of broadband access to huge amounts of horrible shit.)

I'm unclear on what happened at the school. Lots of school officials are total idiots and need to be watched like hawks. If there was a serious incident of girls hurting themselves, and the school did nothing, action needs to be taken. I just wanted to point out that "emo" has nothing at all to do with it, and to clarify that it's just a music genre like any other (except generally less good.)

AndyT

Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:04 am

Walt, I agree. Emo just happened to be the video in this case.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic