>> Celebrating with Nani and Neil Hogan 25 Years and going strong

TGMatt

Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:52 pm

Just wanted to stop for a moment and ask everyone to chip in here with some thoughts ...

Nani and Neil are on a weeks holiday celebrating 25 years of Marriage...

Neil and Nani are my family, having recently adopted me into theirs, I cannot say enough good things about them, and as I sit here in there lounge room while they are away having a well deserved break together I figured maybe we could all say something ..

Nani is the kindest gentlest person I think I have ever met, a super mom, a great teacher (runs in the family) a mentor to 100's of young people, passionate sports supporter and just a pure soul..

Neil is music snob, and one of my best friends, someone I share all my secrets with, and aspirations..Wise, smart, kind, and also obviously a great teacher, he is also a truly doting, loving dad, who does everything and anything he can to support his children..

Together they are a super team, and people I personally admire..people to model, they are building a legacy with every person they touch , they have that much impact with there kindness and love..

I love you both Nani and Neil, you know that already , your family is my family , I got two new sisters and a brother out of this , an occasional home base, but I also want you to know publicly what an impact you have had on me, and every day I want you to know I say a quiet grateful thanks that you are in my life..

May you continue to fill my life and all those you touch with joy and grace, and I wish all dreams you have together to be fulfilled..

Love Matt

Of course we have to play songs now...

Had a word with my favorite crooner and he agreed to to sing you these two songs..

willem

Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:28 pm

congrats Nani and Neil and many many years to go,,bless you and be safe and well.

In Holland we give flowers Image

neverfoundthetime

Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:32 pm

Congratulations Neil & Nani... may there be many, many more such years!

eagle670

Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:41 pm

Congratulations to you both. Have a wonderful time on your vacation.

Kevin

TGMike

Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:52 pm

Very well put Matt. I have only had the pleasure of staying at Chateau Hogan once but I immediately felt like one of the family over there.

Congrats Neil and Nani!

MarkM

Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:03 pm

Congratulations Nani and Neil!!!!!! That is a fanstasic milestone. May there be many more years of celebration ahead!!!! I hope you are both enjoying your week away.

MarkM

Hydroman52

Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:35 pm

Nani & Neil,

So, where do I submit the papers to have you two adopt me, too? Any chance at all?

Happy 25th and many more to come!

Hydroman52

abiliog

Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:18 pm

Congratulations to Nani and Neil.
Have a great celebration week. Wish you all the best along those years to come,

Abílio

frybaby

Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:22 pm

From an ancient book of divine wisdom- the key to a sucessful marrige, applied no doubt in your marriage.

Ephesians 5:25-33).
. Husbands, continue loving YOUR wives, just as the Christ also loved the congregation and delivered up himself for it,

….. In this way husbands ought to be loving their wives as their own bodies.
He who loves his wife loves himself, for no man ever hated his own flesh; but he feeds and cherishes it, as the Christ also does the congregation,…

.. “For this reason a man will leave [his] father and [his] mother and he will stick to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”

.., let each one of YOU individually so love his wife as he does himself; on the other hand, the wife should have deep respect for her husband.
And finally the best defination of love I've found, may it fill you life and marriage.
(1 Corinthians 13:4-8)
 Love is long-suffering and kind.

Love is not jealous, it does not brag, does not get puffed up,

does not behave indecently,

does not look for its own interests,

does not become provoked.

It does not keep account of the injury.

It does not rejoice over unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth.

It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails. . . .

Congratulation and best wishes
Frybaby

tovo

Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:37 pm

Without any intent to sound like Old Man river, I think that any couple who stays happy and together (both things at the same time is preferable) should be congratulated because all of us in long-term relationships know that it's something that needs work and isn't 100% smooth sailing. (although some couples make it look that way).

Congratulations to you both Nani and Neil, I wish you many more happy years together.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic