>> The End of year TG awards...

ffsooo3

Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:39 pm

cosmicmechanic wrote:
Best hat ?
It just seemed to me that lots and lots of uploaded videos came with hats. Not sure why, it just seemed to be a trend of some kind.

frybaby

Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:59 pm

Its because of balding.
All guitar players want to be rock stars and rock stars are'nt balding or going grey. Just my guess.

tovo

Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:39 pm

frybaby wrote:
Its because of balding.
All guitar players want to be rock stars and rock stars are'nt balding or going grey. Just my guess.
Naah. I wear hats because I like them. I don't measure my self-worth by the amount of hair on my head. (which is fortunate)

I expect the intent was to come up with the categories first, rather than nominate individuals. I like some of the categories already offered and can think of the following potentials:

Best tech advice
Most encouraging member
Best new member (within perhaps 6 months)
Best overall video
Best Target Performance
Best non-target performance
Most improved player
Best thread

michelew

Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:43 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
I nominate Tony for most thought provoking poster!
(He can also be nominated for poster most likely to make your head hurt with his tough questions! :) )

I again nominate Tony for Quiz Master.

I nominate Tammy for the "Stevie Nicks" and the "Some one should offer me a record deal" award.

- Dennis for the:
- "He almost made me spray my cup of tea over my key board" award (Stuart had me quite a few times too - can I nominate 2?) and
- the "Most beautiful and heartfelt video' award

- Wally for "best walk on entry during a video" award

- Al for the "jumping out of the singing closet and amazing us with his great voice" award (lots of other brave souls too) and "Best use of technology" award.

- Suzi for the "fastest fingerpicking study in the West" award (I think she's up there with Tony for "general most improved' too)

- Buddy for the "most frequent video poster" award

- Kevin for the "Croce award" and "best video reveal" (he went from guitar only, to guitar with humming, to guitar with singing, to guitar with singing and his face, to introducing his videos).

- Bear for "TG Forum Patriarch" and "sneakiest salesman" (Chas tried for Cole Clark - but Bear has best him hands down)

- Damian (D-Dog) for "best tour guide" (the tour of Dennis' house was great too)

- Tony for "best GAS celebration"

- Daryl for "best sneaky collaborator"

- Chris for "best phantom singer" - (I may have this term wrong - I'll fix it later if need be)

- Jay for "best fingerpicker"

- MarkM for "best strummer"

- Vanessa, (Nesh, Ness) for the "best introduction", "jumping into the forum boots and all", "spreading the playing is pure joy bug" awards

- Carpet for "music theory quiz master"

- Bill for the "cheakiest video holdout" award

- Chas for the "I live on the TG forum" award - though I think he's been off holidaying recently

- Chels for getting about 50 people to say "chicken, gravy and sex in the same sentence" award

- hmmm - I have a number of nominees for the "Best Family collaboration" award - Dennis, Chris, Buzz, Jim, Cori

- this is a hard one - "Best collaboration" - I'll get back to you on that one

- Beaker for the "Best Beatles rendition" (for I got you)

- Mark - for "Best classical video"

- Marc for "Best Led Zeppelin performance" and "Best Jethro Tull performance"

- Anton for "Best wandering minstrel"

- Willem for "Making every song his own"

- Best hat - Tony or Rick - I can't decide.

Too much time on my hands.... ??

BTW - some are serious category nominations - you decide.

I may be back.

Michele

ffsooo3

Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:47 pm

michelew wrote:
AcousticAl wrote:
I nominate Tony for most thought provoking poster!
(He can also be nominated for poster most likely to make your head hurt with his tough questions! :) )
I again nominate Tony for Quiz Master.

I nominate Tammy for the "Stevie Nicks" and the "Some one should offer me a record deal" award.
- Dennis for the:
- "He almost made me spray my cup of tea over my key board" award (Stuart had me quite a few times too - can I nominate 2?) and
- the "Most beautiful and heartfelt video' award
- Wally for "best walk on entry during a video" award
- Al for the "jumping out of the singing closet and amazing us with his great voice" award (lots of other brave souls too) and "Best use of technology" award.
- Suzi for the "fastest fingerpicking study in the West" award (I think she's up there with Tony for "general most improved' too)
- Buddy for the "most frequent video poster" award
- Kevin for the "Croce award" and "best video reveal" (he went from guitar only, to guitar with humming, to guitar with singing, to guitar with singing and his face, to introducing his videos).
- Bear for "TG Forum Patriarch" and "sneakiest salesman" (Chas tried for Cole Clark - but Bear has best him hands down)
- Damian (D-Dog) for "best tour guide" (the tour of Dennis' house was great too)
- Tony for "best GAS celebration"
- Daryl for "best sneaky collaborator"
- Chris for "best phantom singer" - (I may have this term wrong - I'll fix it later if need be)
- Jay for "best fingerpicker"
- MarkM for "best strummer"
- Vanessa, (Nesh, Ness) for the "best introduction", "jumping into the forum boots and all", "spreading the playing is pure joy bug" awards
- Carpet for "music theory quiz master"
- Bill for the "cheakiest video holdout" award
- Chas for the "I live on the TG forum" award - though I think he's been off holidaying recently
- Chels for getting about 50 people to say "chicken, gravy and sex in the same sentence" award
- hmmm - I have a number of nominees for the "Best Family collaboration" award - Dennis, Chris, Buzz, Jim, Cori
- this is a hard one - "Best collaboration" - I'll get back to you on that one
- Beaker for the "Best Beatles rendition" (for I got you)
- Mark - for "Best classical video"
- Marc for "Best Led Zeppelin performance" and "Best Jethro Tull performance"
- Anton for "Best wandering minstrel"
- Willem for "Making every song his own"
- Best hat - Tony or Rick - I can't decide.

Too much time on my hands.... ??

BTW - some are serious category nominations - you decide.

I may be back.

Michele
Michele, You've got some EXCELLENT categories there. I'll add one more.....Best list of categories for the End of Year TG Award ceremony! :woohoo:

Chasplaya

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:37 pm

tovo wrote:
frybaby wrote:
Its because of balding.
Naah. I wear hats because I like them. I don't measure my self-worth by the amount of hair on my head. (which is fortunate)

I expect the intent was to come up with the categories first, rather than nominate individuals. I like some of the categories already offered and can think of the following potentials:

Best tech advice
Most encouraging member
Best new member (within perhaps 6 months)
Best overall video
Best Target Performance
Best non-target performance
Most improved player
Best thread
Good list Tony also agree with the idea list first then nominees, thank thank you speeches. Vote Billy Crystal to be the Host at the ceremony, all nominees will be invited to the grand ceremony all expenses paid for by Bill aka Haoli Bill, who will also guest appear in his stage Premier playing the Banjo featuring Duelling banjos!

Other Categories:

Best/Most improved Strummer
Best/most improved Fingerpicker
Best contribution
Best Collaboration

Dress for Dinner will include compulsory Hat.

michelew

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:44 pm

OK. Nominations second. I missed lots of people and lots of other other nominees for the above awards have come into my head since posting. The more you think about it the more complex it becomes.

AcousticAl

Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:46 pm

Right. I jumped the gun a bit in both suggesting the category and nominating at the same time. I agree that the categories should come first.

At the risk of duplicating...
- best strummer
- best fingerpicker
- best interpretaion of a song
- person that created the most useful thread
- person that created the least useful thread
- person that created the most thought provoking thread
- best collaboration (long distance or in person?)
- most encouraging member
- most knowledgeable member
- most friendly member

And last but not least....
BEST MULLET!!
(maybe put this in the hat category?)

Edit- I almost forgot.
- best shot of bare feet while at the beach while on a work trip B)

d_dog

Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:29 am

I'd like to nominate all of the aforementioned nominations.

neverfoundthetime

Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:40 am

Maybe the award can be a badge/statuette/cartoon thing created by LittleBear and showing up under the poster's Avatar (like founder badge) or showing up on profile.

I think all the probable categories have been mentioned. Maybe we should have not too many to water it all down but enough so we can honour a good spread of members. My list would include:

Best Lesson
Best Performance
Best Video
Most Improved Picker
Most Improved Strummer
Teacher's Pet
Best Forum Post
Best Laugh
Most Helpful Member
Best Poster
Best Collaboration
Best Avatar