Happy Turkey Day Everyone !

heatndude

Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:55 pm

willem

Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:32 pm

Happy thanksgiving all of you..

d_dog

Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:53 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to you all (ya'll) too! Snowing here in the Pacific Northwest.

mcfingers

Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:17 pm

On this day of thanks, I have many, many things to be thankful for. I include among them TG and all I have learned here.

Best wishes to everyone, everywhere,

Steve

AndyT

Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:32 pm

I can not even begin to count all the blessings I have to be thankful for. Family, Friends, a job, a place to live, clothes to wear, food to eat. Just by having a home I'm already ahead of 80% of the earths population.

And let's not forget the amazing blessing of TG and everyone here.

Father, I thank You for everything you have blessed me with and help me to remember them every day of my life. In Jesus name, Amen.

Chasplaya

Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:57 pm

Whilst Thanksgiving is not observed in New Zealand I guess the majority of TG members coming from the US do.

So have a great day now. Even though its not observed here the simple fact of it being so in the US makes us think here a little about what we have to be thankful for.

Most of us will be thankful for things we take for granted, family, friends, jobs, decent food and a nice home. This as Andy has mentioned places us ahead of 80% of the population. So maybe turn your thoughts briefly to those who are thankful for so much less than you.

If each of us vowed to do something this coming year just maybe we can reduce the 80% figure for next year.

We have shown as a site how generous we can be in support of MattB, maybe we can continue in this vein somehow by expanding the generosity and look for a charity to adopt as members of this site, how we contribute could be in many ways and not always hard cash, worth further discussion amongst members don't ya think?

Food for thought?

AndyT

Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:49 pm

What about "Mercy Ships"?
http://www.mercyships.org/content/home

A very worthwhile organization. No matter your perspective.

dekotaj

Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:20 pm

AndyT wrote:
I can not even begin to count all the blessings I have to be thankful for. Family, Friends, a job, a place to live, clothes to wear, food to eat. Just by having a home I'm already ahead of 80% of the earths population.

And let's not forget the amazing blessing of TG and everyone here.

Father, I thank You for everything you have blessed me with and help me to remember them every day of my life. In Jesus name, Amen.
AMEN BROTHER!!!

Thank to you all for sharing you gifts with me everyday.What a talented and great bunch of folks you all are.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALL!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic