The Show I Just Saw

BobR

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:14 pm

Pierre,

I enjoyed them all, But I liked low Anthem Ghost women Blues the best. Nice harmonies. :) Real cool.

You've had a lot of fun I am sure. :woohoo:

Thanks for the look.

Bob

Lavallee

Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:22 am

Hi Pierre, I am sure it was a good show, I saw him a few years ago, and he is very generous on stage. Glad you had a good time.

Marc

cosmicmechanic

Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:37 pm

I finally got to see Gordon Lightfoot for the very first time 3 days ago ...

Chris (neverfoundthetime), I noticed that you listed seeing a GL show as an item on your "bucket list", from a recent TG thread on the bucket list subject.

I do hope that your wish comes true, but why not take advantage of this occasion to make you jealous :P

This video from a show 2 years ago is quite indicative of the performance 72 hours ago ... I left the show on a cloud ...

cosmicmechanic

Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:34 am

Two days, ago I got to see Leonard Cohen, in a 2nd row, center seat in audience of over 12,000 !

Cohen's voice is still great ... maybe even better than ever.
He shares the stage very generously with a crew of virtuosos to make you wriggle on the floor for.
Wonderful backup singers also.

I heard a reviewer say of his last tour that it was a "life-changing" event. I sure believe that's possible.

Cohen was playing the next night also. The morning after this show, a friend asked me if he should check for tickets that night.
I answered, "Even if you have to sell your soul to the devil for tickets, then do it !"

Here are some brief videos I was able to capture as mementos ... just so I won't eventually think it was just a dream.

cosmicmechanic

Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:29 am

Hey TG-land,

I just saw a very special show that blew me away. Paul Simon and Sting !

This was memorable ... I was very fortunate to be in the 8th row in an 18,000 seat venue,
but the short videos I took as souvenirs are not so great quality ...
so here's just a few from YouTube from this VERY great tour (at times I counted at least 16 musicians on stage).

If you look up "Paul Simon Sting 2014" on YouTube you might get some ideas, or at least some smiles :)
Pierre

Fragile

Me and Julio

7th Wave - Mother & Child Reunion

Music Junkie

Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:05 pm

Nice, Pierre! I would love to see Paul Simon some time. Sounds like you had a great time! B)

tombo1230

Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:38 pm

That's really cool Pierre. Sounds like a great concert. B) :)

Tom N.

thereshopeyet

Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:10 pm

Pierre

Thanks for sharing the videos..... looks like a great concert.

It was great to watch the videos form the start of the thread also.

Dermot

:)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic