Hey all share your Christmas plans here..Family ?, travel ?..warm weather , snowmen ?..

TGMatt

Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:59 pm

What are you all up to this Christmas folks..?

I have a few invites, hard to decide which side of the country to be on right now, Id like to be with all of my "extended" family groups, but they are in 3 separate parts of the country, Christmas for me now, is free of my blood relatives, but filled with the special people of my life or I tend to go it loner style, like it was any other day like last year. I am caught between my distain for the commercial aspects..(i.e. why is this the time of year to buy gifts and care for others instead of random parts of the rest if the year?), and also the idea that it has a tendency to bring the best out of people as they come together under a common celebratory cause..

I imagine some of you are building snowmen, and some of you are in the warmth of the desert states ?...

So what is it family?, travelling to a holiday destination like Hawaii or just a quiet time at home with eggnog and your guitar , cooking a giant family meal and waiting for the hordes to show up ?, or did you manage to delegate this Christmas to another family member so al you have to do is show up?

Roast or something exotic ?..

Traditional tree ceremony on Christmas morning with rotating present opening ceremony or structured free for all?

Cheers

Matt

willem

Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:09 pm

Well there were years i must just go and show up,,,maybe we can build a snowman,,but the first day i stay lazy at home,,the second day i have to work and bring some people back home who have not the abbility to travel alone(handicap),,the commercial part is just great,, i go and give to my self a new laptop and a bosch micro br..

For me xmas is not just give away presents,,i like to be under family or friends warmed,,its could outside..

NKenny

Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:45 pm

My kids are grown up now, so no more playing Santa Clause, although at times I must say I do miss it. Christmas day we go to my 91 year old mother in laws. Both of my brother in laws are pretty good with the guitar, so there will be a little jamming going on. They are much better than me so I just try to act like I know what I'm doing. Then to Bethlehem Pennsylvania to my moms, next town over is Nazareth where the Martin factory is, oh well there closed and cant afford anything anyway. To much running around, I would like to just stay home and start our own tradition, but that's the way it is.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays to all
Kenny

Music Junkie

Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:34 pm

Hey Matt:

My boys are 7 and 9 so Xmas is still magical for them. We usually have family in town, or go visit family somewhere else. This year, however, we are going solo.

We have all of our Xmas lights up and the tree is up and trimmed out. We will probably make some hot chocolate and go for a drive to the sections of town that really do it up for lights this time of year. The boys love it.

Since it is usually sunny and warm here this time of year, we have gone to the beach in the past on Xmas for a relaxing day. It looks as though we are going to be in a rain storm this year, so it may be a good day for cooking some soup and building all of the gifts that the boys get from Santa..... :)

I imagine that we will have some friends over in the evening for a drink or two and to let the kids play with their friends. We are quite lucky to have a tight group of friends to share the holidays with.

I sincerely hope that all of you have a great holiday season wherever you happen to be....... B) B)

Jason

neverfoundthetime

Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:16 pm

Hey Matt! I'm just trying to visualise how you get Christmas spirit in Arizona with x degrees Celsius! I have spent Christmas in Malaysia and Brazil and can imagine a little. Right this moment, as I write, the village has gathered outside my balcony in the snow, at night with Finish Candles burning by the chapel and have sung songs drunk gluhwein and eaten raclette. I'm up on the balcony looking down wishing I'd done my homework on some of Neil's Christmas songs as I would blast one out right now if I could! Its actually almost kitsch. I'm not religious (sign me up with Bill Maher, Dan Dennet and Richard Dawkins any day) and really dislike commercial Christmas but am happy to accept that its a time when folks connect, give, say thanks and become family. You have created with Neil this family we call TG and we will all love you forever for doing so. So, I raise my glass to you and your power, intelligence and kindness and thank you for creating this TG family which really means so much to so many here. Good on you mate!

Edit: This is what it looks like day time, now it's night:

Yamaha48

Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:03 pm

Hey Matt.

One week ago(saterday and sonday)Henny and i staying on a christmas market.
A very hard weekend,not warm.
Sonday i try to play guitar on the market.
But i feel my fingers,not a good iedee to play outsite with golt wether.
The second problem,the guitar stay not in tune.
That whas my first try,to play on a market with winter wether.
Now i have 2 weeks hollyday.
Yesterday painting the livingroom(the ceiling and the walls.
That give us a good feeling,evry thing looks new.

greetzzzzz Anton

sbutler

Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:39 pm

The wife and I are sending our daughter to the mid-west to visit in-laws for Christmas, but Sharon and I are just going to stay at home and have a quite Christmas by our selves, here at the shack.

Happy Holidays to everyone. Particularly you Matt and Neil for bringing us all together.

Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic