Visiting Tg friends

Music Junkie

Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:56 am

Just watched the video. Smiling from ear to ear. That was an excellent job by the two of you. You guys are getting quite comfortable playing together. I am also LMBO about Marc's comment about beer and bathroom..... :laugh:

Thanks so much for sharing these get togethers, as it allows me to live vicariously through my fellow TG'ers..... ;)

MJ

wammer

Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:33 am

You guys rock

Maybe Chris will have to start charging Marc room and bored and store the cash away so he can get to our side of the country.....

Marc if you EVER need an assistant ;) ;) ;) ;)

d_dog

Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:29 am

Bravo my friends! Excellent work! So nice to see people get together like this, love it! Can't wait to see more form you two

dennisg

Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:50 am

Very fun to watch, guys, and you had me singing harmony with you.

If I didn't know you were in Switzerland, hearing the waitress's accent would have me thinking you guys went to dinner in Minnesota. Yah, yoo betcha!

neverfoundthetime

Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:21 pm

Thanks for tuning in folks. I like doing these little spontaneous videos to give you a flavour of what's going on. The waitress had worked in Boston for a few years, I think and she just switched to English when she heard Marc and I talking. She was very attentive and absolutely on the ball and really papered Marc bringing him special bread and showing him the blue potatoes which he found so interesting... I did warn him they are basically poisonous eaten raw but he insisted on munching the raw ones she brought out to show him! We actually had planned to eat there first time he was over but it and all other restaurants for miles around were closed for a holiday on that day so we crossed the Rhein and ate in Germany.

@Tammy: I think Marc spent a fair share of a months rent on that dinner last night! ;-)

@ MJ: Yeah, we seem to be able to easily play together... mainly as Marc has a very technically oriented mind and gets the structure of songs really fast. With me its all feel and ear, good mix.

@Suzi: Yes, that was Marc's Paddington Bear tag around his neck alright! :laugh: That way he can be posted to his next destination if the night was a little long. Must admit though, we had relatively early nights as Marc is a conscientious man in his work.

@ Damian: Good to see you around again... drop in any time.

@Tony: Alessandra said you can visit any time... I think she really thinks you are Shrek!

@Pierre: I normally don't try Roy's songs as they are a bit high and he really did have a in a million (100 million more like) voice. I like his sons now more than when they were originally released. I guess I am better able to appreciate his voice now. I'll work a bit more on this but ideally it should be down a half step for me to feel comfortable.

waggis

Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:17 pm

Great video Chris and Marc! And no trucks this time. Wish I could have been there but it was not to be. Marc told me you guys did it in one take without rehearsing if I understood him correctly. I was thinking you might do "Kool Woman in a Black Dress".

Hey Chris, how about a tennis sometime?

David

skaladar

Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:06 pm

Wow, dinner and a show! That was an excellent video, and a great performance Roy, erm Chris and Marc.

Thanks so much for sharing your evening :-)

♫ Ken ♫

suziko

Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:16 pm

Really Marc, I knów! I find endings one of the most important (if not the most important) moment in a song (yeah Willem really knows that! :P ) and it's easy to mess them up, especially when playing with someone else. That's why I noticed, and that's why I love endings. When they're spót on, like this one, it's such a kick then! But it often takes some work and attention, so again, that was great! :cheer:

Lavallee wrote:
Ness actually that ending which look simple I thought was not that easy for me.

Marc

Craig

Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:57 pm

Great job guys! The playing and singing were very well done. I am very happy for you two that you are able to get together and have a great time. Good food, good wine, good friends, good music...it doesn't get any better than that!!!
Craig

michelew

Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:32 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Monday night in Switzerland....

After a fantastic meal at The Ochsen (thanks so much Marc, just wonderful!), Marc and I enjoyed a short session working on Pretty Woman.
We were getting there... if only I can get to keep the riff going when singing.
Oh, yeah, guess who didn't check the camera position after pressing play! I forgot I was perched on a higher stool, so no head... sorry!
Chris and Marc,

That was GREAT! Rockin' and a lot of fun.

You made it look easy (and I know it's not as easy as you made it look). It's a great riff and well played.

Chris even with half a head you sound fabulous.

It was fun seeing your meal too.

Thanks for sharing. I'm sorry I didn't get to it sooner; my life feel like it's just work and sleep at the moment, this was a nice reprieve.

Well proven :).

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic