Visiting Tg friends

Lavallee

Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:05 am

Hi all, I had the chance, recently, to visit some TG friends. I know that many of you have met already. I thought it would be interesting to post how the meeting happened. It could be a meeting over the phone, dinner, in a bar, in a park, in a music shop, in the house, etc...

I think that listing the meetings of people will encourage others to do the same. It seems easy for me to say that as I travel a lot for work, but it could be during a vacation period with the family where you could take a few hours to meet with a local Tgers. Not sure if the Community map will come back, but it would help finding people that might be closer to us than we think. It does not need very elaborate but a few lines describing the event. I would hope that the people that have already met and described what happened would re post here to group the events together.

May the TG force be with you

Marc

Lavallee

Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:15 am

Marc (Lavallee) and Rick Pick meeting.

Last October, I was in the UK and I spent the weekend in London. Knowing that this was going to happened I thought it would be nice to meet with someone. Having exchange with Rick Pick many times, I asked him if he would like to meet. I contacted him and offered to meet in a bar in his home town which is in the center of England about 3 hours from London. I offered a bar as a meeting point since I had contacted him and I did not wanted him that I was some kind of wacko. So we met in this bar and chat for a about 3 hours. He took me to his house where I could meet his wife chat a bit more then I left to back to London.

Marc

leeson

Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:25 am

I think Neil should do a world tour so he can meet all his adoring fans.

Craig

Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:36 pm

I agree Marc, I think the opportunity to meet other TGers is a cool thing. I had the opportunity to meet Damian (d_dog) at the Taylor guitar factory. I really just wanted to meet him in person, shake his hand and say Hi since he comes across as a great guy on the threads...he was on a vacation and I didn't want to intrude on his time or make him feel pressured into spending time with me if he really didn't want to...we ending up taking the tour together and having a great afternoon. Next time he's in town we will definately get together and play guitars for awhile.
Craig

tovo

Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:40 pm

Well I have high hopes of meeting some of my US, Canada and Europe based TG friends at some point.

I did get the opportunity to meet one of my TG friends Michele in Sydney when I was there for business. We arranged to meet on a city street corner although we had no secret sign or phrase worked out. Michele was exactly as I imagined; warm, friendly and engaging. We only had time for lunch and a chat and shared a cab as she returned to work and I headed for the airport. I would love the opportunity to do it all again with a bit more time up our sleeve.

Nice idea for a thread Marc.

TGMatt

Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:15 pm

This is one of the best things for me, to see that TG has helped partially at least facilitate...create new friends and beyond..such a thrill to see it for me..

The new create an event section although still not completely finished it now live and can be used to create events and invite folk...you can use that in conjunction with the community map to find folk locally as well, so that regular meetups can occur...more on this soon, but for Beta users who want to jump in and try it, give us some feedback that'd be great

http://www.totallyguitars.com/groups-events

http://www.totallyguitars.com/find?map=members

dennisg

Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:34 pm

Given distances, finances and time constraints, it's not always possible to visit your TG friends in person. For me, the next best thing is an iChat or Skype session. I do that with a few TGers, and we have a great time gossiping and playing songs for each other.

willem

Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:54 pm

I would love Anton tell's the story!!

Yamaha48

Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:30 pm

Yeh Willem that whas great.
I think it whas one year ago.
After my broken hip,it whas a musical day.
Maby next year that whe can do a new meeting???.
When sombody is for holliday in Holland!! the doors are open here.
So that whe can make a perfecday.

greetz Anton

haoli25

Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:16 pm

These are great. I still hope the TG Guitar Camp comes to fruition someday. It would be great to see the masters in person as well as some of the great TG people too.
If the Guitar Camp hits the road, I would also like to see the video of Matt taking Neil on a tour of Oz.

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic