Visiting Tg friends

MarkM

Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:08 pm

Another great performance ladies!!! Very fun to watch.

This is why we need a TG retreat in 2012!!!!!

MarkM

suziko

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:43 pm

I apologize to everyone for not being able to respond sooner to your comments. I’m so glad that everyone seemed to like all the videos we posted this week. It meant a lot to me to hear such positive feedback. We had a blast doing them. Some of you commented that “this is what it’s all about,” and I have to agree. I very rarely have a chance to play music with people, and to play with two very skilled musicians in one week was really special for me. We all have seen how talented Vanessa is, and Cori and I got to experience that personally this week. She had never played a banjo, but within about 2 minutes was comfortably strumming along with us, WHILE singing harmony (Cori quickly dubbed her “Earl Scruggs”). Not only that, she was so incredibly supportive to me and Cori- guiding us in the kindest possible way whenever we started to stray musically. As for Cori, well, you’ve all read his enthusiastic, colorful posts and I have to say that he is no different in real life. He had both me and Vanessa in hysterics most of the day. He brought us both matching t-shirts with a CSN logo on the front (for Cori, Suzi and Ness, of course!) and even brought some presents for my 9 year old daughter (including an electronic noise maker that includes such appealing sounds as “fart” and “vomit.” Thanks, Cori. I’m going to LOVE hearing those sounds for the next few months!) Humor aside, playing with him was a real treat. He spent a long time prior to our get-together, working out the mandolin accompaniments for both Wagon Wheel and Down by the Water, and I think he did a great job. I know those songs wouldn’t be nearly as cool without the mandolin.

When Ness and I set about trying to record something of our own later in the week, we hit upon Peaceful Easy Feeling, a song we both know and love. It felt like just the right song for the mood of the week. It was quite cold here this week, and we spent most of the days sitting in my living room in front of the fireplace, just playing guitar and singing. I was nervous about doing the vocals, but Ness was incredibly patient, helping me out with the melody. We toyed with various arrangements of the song and finally hit upon the one that we posted. We were both really pleased with it and I know we’ll both look back on it fondly as a great souvenir of a truly special week.

Suzi

Music Junkie

Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:32 pm

Hey TG-friends!

Well I arrived safely in Amsterdam this morning, flying back from the US and of course I had to do some catching up on sleep.

Other than that, I could fill up a whole page of this past week with Suzi (and Cori). What can I say....a week ain't much, but we really took advantage of évery minute. So, playing, singing, laughing, talking, chatting, playing, laughing, talking, singing and so on, and some very nice fires along with that! So, this was in every way possible a very special week. Of course, this friendship goes beyond guitarplaying otherwise flying to the US is quite something. However, meeting someone for real is also quite something, and it turned out more than great. We just had só much fun!!! Not to mention that Suzi was the most perfect host as you can imagine... without exaggerating, I couldn't have been more relaxed and comfortable as I was this past week...

Also meeting Cori, with whom I've always felt connected to was a blast. Like Suzi said, we all know him from his colorful posts, and he is indeed exactly like that. He just made me laugh só much and looking back on those videos and other outtakes, he's just hilarious! :laugh: And along with that he is also very generous and thoughtful. I went home with for instance a bearcup of Illinois and socks from the Bears and a bunch of other stuff that he brought along for me. Also indeed this great T-shirt with the logo CSN! :)

Well also like Suzi said, reading all your comments is just só very great and I'm thrilled that you've enjoyed those videos we did. We sure did enjoy recording them! Like most of you know, I tend to respond to each and every one of you, but the past week makes me needing to catch up on things quite a bit. So for now, really, everyone, thank you so much!!!

Anyway, so right now, normal life starts again and I can look back on a very special week..

Ness

Music Junkie

Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:18 pm

Ness and Suzi:

Thanks so much for dropping another tidbit of the visit for us to absorb and enjoy. I am so very glad that the whole trip worked out for the three of you (well not really a trip for Suzi since she hosted, but you know what I mean... :P ). Cori has indeed become a very solid part of this wonderful community we have and I was stoked to see him playing the mandolin (very well I might add). I would tend to believe that ALL THREE of you are very much like the warm people we have come to know over the web, in person. Kind of hard to fake that kind of support and encouragement..... B)

A very happy holiday season to you guys. I, for one, am very inspired by the friendships that have and continue to develop here. A very special place indeed.... :)

MJ

lueders

Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:24 pm

Vanessa, I am very happy you made it back to the land of tulips & wooden shoes... safe & sound. What can I say I am a simple minded farmboy that fears things it's like air travel...and I know statistically you're safer on plane than a car or skateboard...but I digress, POINT IS: Glad you are back home & safe. :) even though we already miss ya! (okay I am taking an educated guess...that suzi feels the same way!!!)

I am so happy I could be a part of this!!!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)....infinity..
Thank you 4 all the sweet things you said!
Boy, I've really got you fooled. Lol! :)

Since my humor is kinda out there, & I felt like I left you shaking your head @ a lot of my silly humor...

HERE IS SOME OF CORI's STUPID JOKES EXPLAINED:[/b]
Earl Scruggs: great bluegrass banjo player. There is a style of playing devoted to him. But not anymore, it is no longer the Scruggs style...now
that you have begun playing another instrument it will soon be referred to as the Vanessa style.
Liberace: When you were at the piano wailing away( yet another instrument u excell @) I said: " listen to Liberace, over there" that was a reference to a rather flamboyant pianist.
Wooden Shoes: as I was going out the door...and I asked about the wooden shoe thing-ma jigger that suzi had there by the door...I was making a silly reference to the famous wooden shoes of Holland!
Mother Hen: you probably got this one... I meant you musically looked after us like a" mother hen"

OTHER FUNNY MOMENTS,TIDBITS, & OBSERVATIONS:
-Suzi's hairband, rocker sway as she sings is hilarious
-When you said: "What's this little girly thing?" (referring to Suzi's capo) that one cracked me up, BIGTIME!
-I was so proud of myself when we played name that tune & stumped you on the intro to Casey Jones & the lead to Lookin Out
my Backdoor....then you turned around and stumped me twice as bad!!
-Suzi is a good cook
-When Suzi thought some big fat dude was gonna accidentally step on both her Martin & Taylor in the middle of her living room
floor! (either guitar is worth more than I am! (LOL)
-That Martin of hers sounds so good...the action is beautiful
-Suzi is a darn good cook!
-You had a musical sixth sense about how many good takes we had left in us
-I have trouble counting LOL! (Darn pick-up note! That's my excuse, anyway)
-Every Damn road leading in & out of Madison, Wisconsin forms a circle...a beautiful capital city that you can't get in or out of! :)

Thanx Again Vanessa, for being you!!

P.S. WOW, M.J. Thank you so much for those kind words!

AcousticAl

Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:53 pm

Ness and Suzi,

That was such a pleasure to BOTH watch and listen to. The singing and playing were both fantastic. Loved the singing and harmonies, and hearing Vanessa play guitar anytime is a treat. But the looks on both of your faces spoke volumes about what a great time you had together.

TGNesh

Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:48 pm

Aaah thanks Cori for all the explaining! ;)

Very funny to read your observations as well! :laugh:

From my perspective I loved Suzi's 'if you step on one of my guitars, you're dead!', hahaha! :laugh:

And yep, she's a dárn good cook, among other stuff, I had the utmost pleasure to enjoy that the rest of the week! ;) :)

Suzi's capo, haha, well pink it is!! :P :laugh: B)

The Martin, yep, a great guitar, wich i played most of the time. Actually it's the very first Martin (and the Taylor) that I have ever played or even touched, so it was definitely my debut and a great one as well!

And yeah, I miss you both as well :( , we had súch a great time!!! And I love it that you took the time to come up and meet us, you're a sweetheart!! :kiss:

Ness

lueders wrote:
Vanessa, I am very happy you made it back to the land of tulips & wooden shoes... safe & sound. What can I say I am a simple minded farmboy that fears things it's like air travel...and I know statistically you're safer on plane than a car or skateboard...but I digress, POINT IS: Glad you are back home & safe. :) even though we already miss ya! (okay I am taking an educated guess...that suzi feels the same way!!!)

I am so happy I could be a part of this!!!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)....infinity..
Thank you 4 all the sweet things you said!
Boy, I've really got you fooled. Lol! :)

Since my humor is kinda out there, & I felt like I left you shaking your head @ a lot of my silly humor...

HERE IS SOME OF CORI's STUPID JOKES EXPLAINED:[/b]
Earl Scruggs: great bluegrass banjo player. There is a style of playing devoted to him. But not anymore, it is no longer the Scruggs style...now
that you have begun playing another instrument it will soon be referred to as the Vanessa style.
Liberace: When you were at the piano wailing away( yet another instrument u excell @) I said: " listen to Liberace, over there" that was a reference to a rather flamboyant pianist.
Wooden Shoes: as I was going out the door...and I asked about the wooden shoe thing-ma jigger that suzi had there by the door...I was making a silly reference to the famous wooden shoes of Holland!
Mother Hen: you probably got this one... I meant you musically looked after us like a" mother hen"

OTHER FUNNY MOMENTS,TIDBITS, & OBSERVATIONS:
-Suzi's hairband, rocker sway as she sings is hilarious
-When you said: "What's this little girly thing?" (referring to Suzi's capo) that one cracked me up, BIGTIME!
-I was so proud of myself when we played name that tune & stumped you on the intro to Casey Jones & the lead to Lookin Out
my Backdoor....then you turned around and stumped me twice as bad!!
-Suzi is a good cook
-When Suzi thought some big fat dude was gonna accidentally step on both her Martin & Taylor in the middle of her living room
floor! (either guitar is worth more than I am! (LOL)
-That Martin of hers sounds so good...the action is beautiful
-Suzi is a darn good cook!
-You had a musical sixth sense about how many good takes we had left in us
-I have trouble counting LOL! (Darn pick-up note! That's my excuse, anyway)
-Every Damn road leading in & out of Madison, Wisconsin forms a circle...a beautiful capital city that you can't get in or out of! :)

Thanx Again Vanessa, for being you!!

P.S. WOW, M.J. Thank you so much for those kind words!

neverfoundthetime

Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:07 pm

I'll post out-takes and photos and memorabilia of the Canadian Christmas hook-up here.
Meet the band: Image

The band plus groupies and roadies...
Front L-R: Mike (Mr. Wammer), Becky (Chris' niece), David (Becky's keyboard playing boyfriend) , Pat (Chris' big sis), Caje (Pat's husband)
Back L-R: Pierre (Cosmicmechanic), Al (AcousticAl), Mike (Chris' nephew), Tammy (Wammer) Alessandra (Chris' daughter), Chris (neverfoundthetime), Wendy Chris' little sis) Marc (Lavallee) Image

suziko

Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:09 pm

Oh my gosh, you guys are TOO CUTE!!

Suzi

willem

Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:13 pm

[
Now I know what Pierre ment, ''snug as a bug on a rug'',and I keep this line safe and well

like Suzy,,,toooooo cute

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic