BOSS MICRO BR,,digital recording production station..

sws626

Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:14 am

Congratulations, Chas! I'm sure you'll get a lot of mileage out of those new toys. The SM57 is a great all-rounder, widely used for vocals as well as instruments and for micing your amp too. It's also pretty much bullet proof.

I'm sure we're all now eagerly waiting for your next video upload.

-Stuart

willem

Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:05 am

Chas,,congrat,now you have to love your wife,the Micro+mike and your guitars,,but it's a great love..

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:09 am

Chas... I feel a video coming on....!

Chasplaya

Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:43 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Chas... I feel a video coming on....!
You could be onto something there, I just have to get my head round the technical side of things a little bit more now. Al has posted some invaluable videos on this thread so once I've checked them out I'll be playing with my new toys, just reading the BR manual I also need a new SD card, so back into town tomorrow. Whilst the BR is more expensive in NZ than foreign lands I mentioned this to the retailer so he gave me the mic lead for free ($25NZ worth).

I guess I'll need to map out a process for recording now and actually get organised.

Catman

Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:45 am

Congratulations Chris!

I still haven't learned how to use my Zoom 4Hn, but I am already thinking about buying some microphones.

I'm considering getting 2 mics:
1. Shure PG81 or SM81 for micing the guitar
2. Shure SM58 for vocals

Any comments or other suggestions? Anybody?

Thanks,
David

AcousticAl

Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:18 am

Congrats Chas! Both on having such s stellar wife and your new acquisitions.
I don't know if I'd call my videos 'invaluable'- but hopefully they help you navigate the BR a bit. You can get lost in the menus.

I'd start with the first set of 5 videos from the other youtuber that I posted in this thread. Then move on to mine. Ask any questions you have and I'll try to help.

I'm in town a few more days before heading off again-- this time to Arizona.

Cheers!

AcousticAl

Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:19 am

Willem,

How goes your battle with the BR?
Hmmmmmmm???

willem

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:41 am

AcousticAl wrote:
Willem,

How goes your battle with the BR?
Hmmmmmmm???

I do well and use a song were i can add diffrent things,,but it is not only the how to use or manege the BR,but also guitarplaying right,,singin right,mmm,,i tryed ones and then my wife came in bla,blabla,,i search for a quiet room or moment

sws626

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:18 pm

Catman wrote:
Congratulations Chris!

I still haven't learned how to use my Zoom 4Hn, but I am already thinking about buying some microphones.

2. Shure SM58 for vocals

Thanks,
David
Hi David,

The 4Hn is also a great toy. I love mine. I have a Shure Beta 57, but didn't find that to be as good for the guitar as the internal condensor mics in the 4Hn. The PG81 or SM81 both get good reviews for acoustic guitars -- I can't say from experience whether the SM81 is worth the premium price, though. You might check out some of the equipment discussions over on gearslutz. I opted for large diaphragm condensors, which are a little bit more awkward to set up, but very rewarding. While I was shopping around, I collected quite a big library of datasheets, so may start another thread when I get a chance specifically on microphones.

-Stuart

AcousticAl

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:51 am

sws626 wrote:
Catman wrote:
Congratulations Chris!

2. Shure SM58 for vocals

Thanks,
David
Hi David,

The 4Hn is also a great toy. I love mine. I have a Shure Beta 57, but didn't find that to be as good for the guitar as the internal condensor mics in the 4Hn. The PG81 or SM81 both get good reviews for acoustic guitars -- I can't say from experience whether the SM81 is worth the premium price, though. You might check out some of the equipment discussions over on gearslutz. I opted for large diaphragm condensors, which are a little bit more awkward to set up, but very rewarding. While I was shopping around, I collected quite a big library of datasheets, so may start another thread when I get a chance specifically on microphones.

-Stuart

I just bought a large diaphragm condenser on e-bay- the Apex 3035. They don't make them any more but I'm happy with it so far. Will upload a vid/demo soon!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic