BOSS MICRO BR,,digital recording production station..

AcousticAl

Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:06 pm

I've added a second video to my post on page one.

It covers pan and volume once you've recorded a song you like. Part 1 of 2.

AcousticAl

Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:44 pm

OK Willem.

I've added a third and final video (for now) to my original video post in this thread.
That's all I've got for you- but it's LOTS to get you going (and anyone else who's lurking in the wings (HI TAMMY!)

I [strike]hope[/strike]... no scratch that.. I EXPECT to see a video from you using the Br by the time I get back from my trip(s).
I'm here a few more days if you have any questions.

Good luck!

Al

willem

Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:18 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
OK Willem.

I've added a third and final video (for now) to my original video post in this thread.
That's all I've got for you- but it's LOTS to get you going (and anyone else who's lurking in the wings (HI TAMMY!)

I [strike]hope[/strike]... no scratch that.. I EXPECT to see a video from you using the Br by the time I get back from my trip(s).

Good luck!

Al
Thanks for your time doing this and you certainly can expect a video where i used the BR,,i have a simple song in mind to try with,,first i have to learn 84 measer plucking in time,,then some vocals(cough) and some paaa papapa pa pa pa.

or do you wish a video seen me using the Br,,like your demo's??

AcousticAl

Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:05 pm

willem wrote:
AcousticAl wrote:
OK Willem.

Good luck!

Al
Thanks for your time doing this and you certainly can expect a video where i used the BR,,i have a simple song in mind to try with,,first i have to learn 84 measer plucking in time,,then some vocals(cough) and some paaa papapa pa pa pa.

or do you wish a video seen me using the Br,,like your demo's??

No, not a demo. Just a song where you use it would be good.

willem

Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:14 pm

Hi Tammy,,how are things goin???

sws626

Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:40 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
Here's my workflow:

-I get video using my webcam. This also records audio as well- but I don't use it. It's only a guide/scratch track.
-I get audio using the Micro BR. I actually feed a mic through a mixer to line input on the Micro. Gets me the best audio. Willem- to do this, you select 'line' from the input selections I showed in the video.
-If I'm happy with my playing, I export a .wav file from the BR, and I save/export a .wmv from my webcam recorder for video. This can be a simple step- but it depends how many tracks you have to export.
-I import both the .wave file and the .wmv file into AVS editing program. You might be able to do this using Windows MovieMaker.. not sure.
-I sync back up the audio in AVS (MUTE the audio that is on the webcam file)
My workflow is pretty much the same as Al's, though I use a Zoom H4n rather than a Micro BR. AVS is a great program and quite easy to use. Syncing up the video with audio is not precise, but not very hard either.

One issue I'm still working on sorting out is which format to save for the final product. I'd previously thought that the video quality didn't really matter and so, to save on file space, had selected a high quality audio with a relatively low quality, small size video. But I've since discovered that when Youtube does its own reformatting, it heavily compressing audio on everything other than the highest quality HD video formats. Not much point in recording at 24 bit 96KHz stereo if Youtube is going to deliver it as 22KHz mono at 64Kbps.

-Stuart

AcousticAl

Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:27 pm

sws626 wrote:
AcousticAl wrote:
Here's my workflow:

-I get video using my webcam. This also records audio as well- but I don't use it. It's only a guide/scratch track.
-I get audio using the Micro BR. I actually feed a mic through a mixer to line input on the Micro. Gets me the best audio. Willem- to do this, you select 'line' from the input selections I showed in the video.
-If I'm happy with my playing, I export a .wav file from the BR, and I save/export a .wmv from my webcam recorder for video. This can be a simple step- but it depends how many tracks you have to export.
-I import both the .wave file and the .wmv file into AVS editing program. You might be able to do this using Windows MovieMaker.. not sure.
-I sync back up the audio in AVS (MUTE the audio that is on the webcam file)
My workflow is pretty much the same as Al's, though I use a Zoom H4n rather than a Micro BR. AVS is a great program and quite easy to use. Syncing up the video with audio is not precise, but not very hard either.

One issue I'm still working on sorting out is which format to save for the final product. I'd previously thought that the video quality didn't really matter and so, to save on file space, had selected a high quality audio with a relatively low quality, small size video. But I've since discovered that when Youtube does its own reformatting, it heavily compressing audio on everything other than the highest quality HD video formats. Not much point in recording at 24 bit 96KHz stereo if Youtube is going to deliver it as 22KHz mono at 64Kbps.

-Stuart

That's interesting Stuart- I didn't know that abbot YouTube.
The problem with really good quality video is the file will be quite large-- most likely over 200 megs. Then you wouldn't be able to get it on the TG channel.

willem

Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:32 pm

Oke Al i think i can bother you know and have one question before you go,but its not the BR but windows moviemaker..

Here we go,,when i upload the vid in WMM THEN WE HAVE PICTURE AND SOUND,,RIGHT?
WHEN I DRAG IT TO THE TIMELINE,CAN I CUT THE SOUND? I thought to remember that i had trouble doing this..thanks in advance..

ffsooo3

Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:17 pm

willem wrote:
Oke Al i think i can bother you know and have one question before you go,but its not the BR but windows moviemaker..

Here we go,,when i upload the vid in WMM THEN WE HAVE PICTURE AND SOUND,,RIGHT?
WHEN I DRAG IT TO THE TIMELINE,CAN I CUT THE SOUND? I thought to remember that i had trouble doing this..thanks in advance..
When you say "can I cut the sound" do you mean ""can I MUTE the sound"? If so, once you have the video in the timeline, you can "expand" the clip with the little "+" sign on the left side of the clip. That will cause the audio portion of the clip to be displayed as well. Then right-click the audio track and select MUTE or volume....

AcousticAl

Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:25 pm

Exactly. Thanks Daryl.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic