BOSS MICRO BR,,digital recording production station..

willem

Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:13 pm

Oke maybe i'm a gadget man too..

Recording music all by yourself is a great study,but it can bring you many questions and headache, since i know from the ''MICRO BR'' I thought this is what i like to have and try recording music to a better level.

I think we all know which possibility's this gadget can bring,,such as insert ''effects'' and recording on diffrent tracks ,,4 tracks and each track as his 8 side tracks what they call V-TRACKS(VIRTUEL-TRACKS),so total you got 4x8=32tracks..(under 1 track you have 8 v-tracks)..there is a possibility whre you can mix what is record on 4 tracks to 1 V-TRACK.

What you have record is on that moment muziek data that you later after mixing it together(BOUNCE) make it to a mp3 or wav.(music data conversing).

It as a build in mike but also a possibility for a extern mike and plugin your guitar.

MAYBE you think i know this thing from bottom to end but noooooooooooo..but it is intresting and so i thought to make a thread were we can help each other..

I have maneged recording on one V-TRACK ,but that is all,,not put or adjust the effect and the other adjustments.

So i ask.(1).What to adjust before recording(2)can we make adjustments after recording.(3)can we listen to the recorded track 1 and record track 2 and so on...i do have more question but on this moment it's enough.. Image

Catman

Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:28 pm

Willem, I'm in the same boat as you, just a different product. I got a Zoom 4Hn, and I have yet to figure out how to use it.

-David

Catman

Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:30 pm

Willem, I'm in the same boat as you, just a different product. I got a Zoom 4Hn, and I have yet to figure out how to use it.

-David

AcousticAl

Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:55 pm

Hi Willem,

I was thinking of you when I read you had bought a Micro BR. As you've already found, it seems simple enough, but it is VERY menu driven, and very easy to get lost in them. I'll try to help.

To start, I've attached a few youtube demos that helped me--

I'll try to make a basic video for you as well.

willem

Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:05 pm

I knew you would help Al,,,it's a great gadget and i even liked the inbuild mike yet,,i was amazed,,take your time and do it by bits,,no hurry,,i watch tomorrow in all ease the YT vids..I'm grateful..Thx. Greetz to Hellen, she has a warm beautiful voice and together with you it mixed well,,,keep playing , singin and inspireing.

Hi Catman,, ''a zoom''//// that's a cam right???

sws626

Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:18 pm

Hi Willem,

I also have a Zoom H4n (http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/h4n/), which is quite similar to the Boss Micro BR. For the type of recording we do, these portable digital recorders are fantastic and have just about everything you could possibly need. Like Catman, I'm still climbing the learning curve on mine. I have to admit that I don't use many of the inbuilt mixing features, since I typically just record individual tracks and then transfer to Audacity or Cakewalk on a PC. But I'm sure you will enjoy this new toy.

-Stuart

wiley

Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:16 pm

millponddave

Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:06 pm

This is a interesting topic, and timely. I bought my sixteen year old son (a much better guitar player than I) a Tascam DP008 recorder for Christmas.
It came with two monitors and a condenser mike and stand. So far he has managed to record three songs, first laying down a rhythm track then recording a lead line on a second track. The Tascam seems pretty easy to use as it has knobs for each track and the menu screen is rather basic. I am looking forward to trying it myself and also seeing what else it inspires my son to do.

Dave

tombo1230

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:27 pm

This is an interesting thread. I have Guitar rig Session, by Native Instruments. It is sold as a songwriters bundle. It has a box with two jack inputs and an xlr input for the supplied mic with phantom power as well. Your mic plugs into the box and you can plug your guitar via the jack or record seperate if you prefer. Cubase LE4 is supplied and Guitar Rig software as well. The Guitar Rig software can open up inside of Cubase as a plug in and you have access to quite a few different amps/effx and you can make your own amps or tweak ones that are pre-made and save them. This plugs into my laptop via USB.

This is a brilliant set up for me as I can now make and mix the cd I promised my daughter a while back. We have completed three songs so far. We used clean backing tracks, but will be doing some guitar unplugged style tracks as well. Here it is if anyone is interested.

http://www.dv247.com/computer-hardware/ ... dle--78046

Tom N.

sws626

Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:47 am

willem wrote:
I have maneged recording on one V-TRACK ,but that is all,,not put or adjust the effect and the other adjustments.

So i ask.(1).What to adjust before recording(2)can we make adjustments after recording.(3)can we listen to the recorded track 1 and record track 2 and so on...i do have more question but on this moment it's enough..
Hi Willem,

One easy step I'd suggest is to spend a little bit of time setting the recording levels before you start. You want these as high as you can get them without maxing out in the loudest part of the song you're going to record.

I haven't watched the videos Al arrached, but I'm sure you ca listen to one track while recording on another.

-Stuart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic