BOSS MICRO BR,,digital recording production station..

AcousticAl

Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:13 pm

Lavallee wrote:
This is great Al, thanks for the demo. I need to get one of those. It must help a lot with the timing since you can play 2 or 3 parts. Could you clarify how you sync the camera with the sound? I am sure you mentioned before but I cannot find it.

Marc

Hi Marc,

I know you realize this, but for others that may not-- Keep in mind that when you get one of these- you add extra steps to the process of posting a video. You now record your audio separately from your video. This process can make things more complicated for those that are not technically inclined or computer savvy. Here's my workflow:

-I get video using my webcam. This also records audio as well- but I don't use it. It's only a guide/scratch track.
-I get audio using the Micro BR. I actually feed a mic through a mixer to line input on the Micro. Gets me the best audio. Willem- to do this, you select 'line' from the input selections I showed in the video.
-If I'm happy with my playing, I export a .wav file from the BR, and I save/export a .wmv from my webcam recorder for video. This can be a simple step- but it depends how many tracks you have to export.
-I import both the .wave file and the .wmv file into AVS editing program. You might be able to do this using Windows MovieMaker.. not sure.
-I sync back up the audio in AVS (MUTE the audio that is on the webcam file)

AcousticAl

Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:17 pm

willem wrote:
@Wiley..,,thanks,now i understand,,i must read it well and well so i be back there,,thanks again.

@ Al,, way to go AL,,,Just the start i needed(Wiley's too),,you did there a very good job and hope also others follow this,cos this is such a great gadget, a must have for our great hobby,,certainly this thing is very menu driven,but i could'nt start 1-1-11 better then this,,lets keep this thread a live,,of course you are not used to making a tutorial vid yet but i understand it very well and hope it served you too,,so now i have one question(just curious)''did you made a script or was this free out of hand''??..

ps I go work whit that and let you know,,when i have questions i'll be there thanks...

Hi Willem-

Are you kidding?! There was no script. Watching it back- I wish there was! I found myself hard to follow- wish I hadn't talked during the guitar sample recording. I hope it helps you in some way though.

Chasplaya

Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:51 pm

I have followed this with great interest and ....

I WANT ONE!!!!

Lavallee

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:40 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
Lavallee wrote:
This is great Al, thanks for the demo. I need to get one of those. It must help a lot with the timing since you can play 2 or 3 parts. Could you clarify how you sync the camera with the sound? I am sure you mentioned before but I cannot find it.

Marc

Hi Marc,

I know you realize this, but for others that may not-- Keep in mind that when you get one of these- you add extra steps to the process of posting a video. You now record your audio separately from your video. This process can make things more complicated for those that are not technically inclined or computer savvy. Here's my workflow:

-I get video using my webcam. This also records audio as well- but I don't use it. It's only a guide/scratch track.
-I get audio using the Micro BR. I actually feed a mic through a mixer to line input on the Micro. Gets me the best audio. Willem- to do this, you select 'line' from the input selections I showed in the video.
-If I'm happy with my playing, I export a .wav file from the BR, and I save/export a .wmv from my webcam recorder for video. This can be a simple step- but it depends how many tracks you have to export.
-I import both the .wave file and the .wmv file into AVS editing program. You might be able to do this using Windows MovieMaker.. not sure.
-I sync back up the audio in AVS (MUTE the audio that is on the webcam file)
Thank you Al, I understand the steps you described. I am still curious as how the sync is done. After the video and sound files are imported in AVS, do you have to manually match both tracks, or the software can do that automatically (which I doubt)?

Marc

AcousticAl

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:46 pm

Sorry Marc- I should have been clear.

I do the syncing manually (by eye/ear). It's not exact, but I can usually get it pretty close- if not bang-on.

juanlla

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:09 pm

Al & Wiley;

Thanks for educating us !!!

I guess this is something I've been wondering about as well and now at least I have a good starting point.

Juan

Lavallee

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:36 pm

AcousticAl wrote:

I do the syncing manually (by eye/ear). It's not exact, but I can usually get it pretty close- if not bang-on.

I just downloaded AVS video editor and imported a video of me and I added an Mp3 track to it. It looks pretty easy to do a simple track. However, I am sure there is more than meet the eyes to generate productions like yours.

I noticed on the site that they seem to lease the software (subscription) on a annual basis, It is not possible to buy it?

Marc

AcousticAl

Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:24 pm

Lavallee wrote:
AcousticAl wrote:

I just downloaded AVS video editor and imported a video of me and I added an Mp3 track to it. It looks pretty easy to do a simple track. However, I am sure there is more than meet the eyes to generate productions like yours.

I noticed on the site that they seem to lease the software (subscription) on a annual basis, It is not possible to buy it?

Marc

I haven't been on their site in a while, but when I bought it, there were 2 options. One being a one year subscription ($30 or $40?). The other being lifetime access ($80 or $90?). I took the lifetime one.
BUT
I suggest you download the trial version for free first. Make sure it works with your system before you buy anything.

willem

Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:18 am

@ AL,,OKE I was a litlle kidding but maybe it is handy when you make a script or some note's then youg et also a short manual for your self,, i think i do that also,,,when you made this free out of hand much respect to you,,,for me it was very comprehend,very clearly,,for my self i knew how you work to get the audio and video apart from each other and then try to get it in sync manual,i thought it must be by eye/ear.

What i missed in the demo and maybe it is'nt necessary, is the use from the metronome function while recording..i know you can also see that on the micro br screen,,,beats,,measer your onto etc..

AcousticAl

Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:46 am

I haven't done a lot with the rhythm on this yet. The function is covered in the third youtube video I posted earlier:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic