Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:00 am

AcousticAl wrote:

(I cant believe I watched the whole thing!)[/quote]

dogvert!!

AcousticAl

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:51 am

Lavallee wrote:
AcousticAl wrote:

(I cant believe I watched the whole thing!)
dogvert!![/quote]

Funny Marc- but I'm with Tony. The whole video is bizarre. The parking lot at night, circle of gawkers, dude's outfit (like he's on a date!) The audience also didn't seem all that impressed-- like they'd seen all this before! Like this guy comes out every Friday with his pooch to dance in the parking lot!!

Can you imagine how much time this guy spent with the dog getting it to do this stuff? Friggin' channel that energy and do something useful!

Lavallee

Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:16 am

Al, if you have travel a bit through Mexico away from the resorts, it will be usual to see musician or anybody who can make a few dollars at night. Just try to drive through one of the Mexico/US border where you might be in line for 45 minutes to an hour. There is always a very large crowd of people trying to sell everything they can including animal tricks they do in front of your car while you wait in line or showing their handicap kid, or their own handicap, food they make at home, etc... . As for the dog, it seems like abusing but I think this guy must take care of his dog otherwise it would not be happy to dance. It is not in dog fights or in the streets, so it must be a happy dog. Exploitation seems abusing, until you starve. Mind you there are also some traditions that we are not used to. As for the crowd they all seem to be smiling, but it is probably a selected crowd to be part of the video (some traditional clothing in there) and the guy hope he will be invited to a TV show of some sort.

Marc

Hydroman52

Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:40 am

Lavallee wrote:
and the guy hope he will be invited to a TV show of some sort.
Yup, they've already been on The Late Show (David Letterman).

[video][/video]

willem

Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:44 am

dennisg wrote:
willem wrote:
This is not so strange for Golden retrievers..
Are you saying that golden retrievers are born with an instinct for salsa dancing? Do other dog breeds prefer different dances?

SIT!!!,now watch the vid again,,you would'nt believe it..

AcousticAl

Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:08 am

Good points, Marc. Logical if you look at it from that perspective-- especially if it was shot in Mexico.

I actually didn't think the dog was abused- quite the opposite. Just a strange scene through my North American eyes.

Lavallee

Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:01 am

From the video Hydroman posted he is from Chili.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic