Michele, Tony...

Music Junkie

Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:46 pm

Glad to hear that all of our TG family is safe for now. These kind of things can be very scary. When I heard that portions of the area received as much as 6 inches in 30min to an hour, I was shocked. That is an incredible amount of water showing up at one time......

Thanks for letting us know you guys were o.k.!

Jason

haoli25

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:46 pm

I am glad our TG'er families are safe. I have been following the flooding in the Brisbane area and along the Gold Coast, it is truly heartbreaking what those poor people are enduring.
Are the donations for the flood victims being handled by the Red Cross? I would like to help in some small way if I can.

Bill

suziko

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:54 pm

My thoughts are with you guys! I saw the news about the tsunami today- very scary. Tony, I hope you and Cindy are still able to enjoy some ""kid-free" despite the worries!

Suzi

tovo

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:48 pm

haoli25 wrote:
I am glad our TG'er families are safe. I have been following the flooding in the Brisbane area and along the Gold Coast, it is truly heartbreaking what those poor people are enduring.
Are the donations for the flood victims being handled by the Red Cross? I would like to help in some small way if I can.

Bill
hey Bill. Here is a link to the Queensland Government site for donations. There are specific details for International donations about halfway down the page.

http://www.qld.gov.au/floods/donate.html

I'm sure the Red Cross will be collecting also if you prefer.

NOTE: I'm not canvassing for donations here, just answering Bill's specific question.

Suzi - Thanks to you and all who have remembered our countrymen in their thoughts. Cindy and I are enjoying some time together for sure.

haoli25

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:54 pm

tovo wrote:
[/quote]

hey Bill. Here is a link to the Queensland Government site for donations. There are specific details for International donations about halfway down the page.

http://www.qld.gov.au/floods/donate.html

[/quote]

Thanks Tony. That's what I was looking for.

Bill

Chasplaya

Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:23 pm

Being a neighbour i kinda figured you guys would be ok. But what a tragedy, what is happening to the world at the moment? Although no longer newsworthy the earthquakes continue in Christchurch NZ almost daily, but unlike Australia no loss of life. Watched the flooding on the news last night and the Governor was on anticipating worse to come then the Chief of Police was talking about people looting , how callous is that.

tovo

Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:09 am

Chasplaya wrote:
Watched the flooding on the news last night and the Governor was on anticipating worse to come then the Chief of Police was talking about people looting , how callous is that.
Not sure if you are referring to Australia or NZ here Chas? Doesn't really matter, I agree with you. Anyone who would loot a home or store in this situation needs to have a really good hard look in the mirror.

Actually as I watched the news last night the presenter compared Brisbane with New Orleans and said that there had been no looting to date as there (apparently) was in the States. The report annoyed me very much. Even in a time of tragedy the media had to take an opportunity to make us all feel better by running down another country. Wankers.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:42 am

Many people here have Australia in their thoughts right now. Awful business, flooding on this scale. I hope folks can survive and recover and receive the support needed. Glad to hear TG land is safe and especially Tony's boys. Unfortunately, we can expect disasters of this magnitude and greater more often around the world as the world's weather becomes more and more unstable due to global warming. It's a sobering thought, but for most of us in the TG community, the relative stability of the past 66 years since WWII is unlikely to be seen in the next 66 years in climate, economic and social terms. Natural disasters have always been here but they will become more frequent.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic